Topic Sponsor

Adapting to spin-on fuel filter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adapting to spin-on fuel filter?

Truck: '95 F-150 with 4.9/5 speed. I had some of my brother's co-workers drop the front tank and replace the fuel pump and fuel filter. The front tank was full of green ethanol gunk/snot and they said it ran great after putting it all back together. When I went over to pick up the truck, I noticed it was running rough. I live 100 miles away and on the way home it ran rougher and rougher. Driving it to my shop the other day I didn't think it would make it. Either tank... same thing.

When I stopped, fuel was pouring out from underneath the truck in the area around the fuel filter. It was raining so I didn't get under there for a look.

Yesterday I looked and the fuel lines to and from the fuel filter are really tight. My 7.3 uses the same type quick connects on the fuel pump and has enough slack to work the lines. I'm wondering if I'm getting leakage there. I cranked it but didn't see any leaks. Still runs rough though.

Bottom line: I hate those quick connects and would rather adapt to a spin on type fuel filter. Any suggestions on where I might get an adapter to go from the quick connects to a pipe thread or a way to get rid of the quick connectors entirely?

Where can I tap in to the fuel system up at the engine to check fuel pressure?

Quick Reply: Adapting to spin-on fuel filter?