Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

2014 Tremor 4/6 drop with C notch

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 02:00 PM
Rasslin

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Default 2014 Tremor 4/6 drop with C notch

Some pictures of my 2014 Tremor with a baby C notch for clearance.
Did Bell 3/5 + DJM 2" control arms (swapping soon to spindles as the steering binds on the control arms) and custom rear springs with less spring rate for a better ride.
Also moved shocks inside of frame to allow for bigger tires (22x12 coming soon). Also had custom trans xmember made to allow for more ground clearance.

Link to suspension pictures - https://photos.app.goo.gl/yRqyeNURvQRF1Zok8

Old 07-25-2018, 08:31 AM

Received 260 Likes on 191 Posts

pretty nice. I notice on your leaf springs you had one with two leaves and the other had three. I assume that was a temporary situation. I removed my overload springs and it greatly improved ride quality. Just saying you can get by without replacing the spring packs. If you need to tow or carry something you can add a set of the slam air helper bags.

I also like how you relocated the shocks for bigger tires, This was on my list of things to do but I never got around to it. I also clearance the under bed brace above the pumpkin, but your is much nicer. I also clearance the brace on the passenger side of the pumpkin and was able to run tail pipes all the way out the back.

The only thing I didn't like is how much of a c notch you installed. Pretty significant cut into the frame. I think I would have still c notched it but to a lesser degree and installed air bags or something.

I also had clearance issues with the steering control arms with the djm 3" drop control arms, but the front was really low. I installed new struts and reinstalled the upper spring isolator raising the front about 1/2 inch and that eliminated the problem. (Still looks good). Spindles weren't available when I dropped mine. I also have the VAS traction bars.

We need pics of the whole truck. All in all it looks great but lets see the whole thing.

Edit: I forgot....where did you get the one piece drive shaft? Is it stock?

another edit>>>> just noticed the custom tranny mount, nice.

Last edited by rojizostang; 07-25-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:30 AM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

He has a lot of pictures and a nice post of his build on the F150ecoboost.net. It is bad ***! The nicest Tremor I have seen.
The following users liked this post:
mtxpert (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 12:02 PM
Rasslin

Originally Posted by rojizostang
pretty nice. I notice on your leaf springs you had one with two leaves and the other had three. I assume that was a temporary situation. I removed my overload springs and it greatly improved ride quality. Just saying you can get by without replacing the spring packs. If you need to tow or carry something you can add a set of the slam air helper bags.

I also like how you relocated the shocks for bigger tires, This was on my list of things to do but I never got around to it. I also clearance the under bed brace above the pumpkin, but your is much nicer. I also clearance the brace on the passenger side of the pumpkin and was able to run tail pipes all the way out the back.

The only thing I didn't like is how much of a c notch you installed. Pretty significant cut into the frame. I think I would have still c notched it but to a lesser degree and installed air bags or something.

I also had clearance issues with the steering control arms with the djm 3" drop control arms, but the front was really low. I installed new struts and reinstalled the upper spring isolator raising the front about 1/2 inch and that eliminated the problem. (Still looks good). Spindles weren't available when I dropped mine. I also have the VAS traction bars.

We need pics of the whole truck. All in all it looks great but lets see the whole thing.

Edit: I forgot....where did you get the one piece drive shaft? Is it stock?

another edit>>>> just noticed the custom tranny mount, nice.
Here's every picture of the truck I've taken that's on google photos - https://photos.app.goo.gl/TMSJuYK6gnPVhfew9
The leaf springs I had made replaces the stock additional leafs with multiple smaller leafs allowing much more suspension travel so I wanted the big C notch, it's well built by a respected local suspension/fabrication shop.
Next step is the double adjustable shocks and coilovers from KW that just came out, full set of Hellwig sway bars and some custom air bags in the rear in case I need to load the truck up with dual gauges so I can preload the back right tire a little bit when I drag race.
The one piece driveshaft was a HUGE mistake, at least that one, it took the rear main bearing out in the trans almost immediately, less than 50 miles. Luckily I found a transmission shop from the scenario that is amazing so good with the bad. I'm going to have a local shop build a 5" aluminum one soon and get rid of the brand new 2 piece I had made.
For the front suspension I'm hoping the combo of stock arms with 2" spindles and 2" from the coilovers works better for steering, the rubber boots are torn now on the steering so I need to fix that. I'm also going to swap to 15+ upper/lower control arms when I do all that fun work.

Next week the stereo goes in, I'll post pictures of that hopefully soon.

Some upcoming planned projects:
36 gallon tank conversion
Black leather heated and cooled seats
Finish Raptor wheel conversion
Finish all my performance goodies install of the aux fuel injector setup, nitrous, 2 step, trans brake, custom air to water intercooler with killer chiller.
Custom roll pan
BC Forged custom wheels
Old 07-25-2018, 03:00 PM

Received 260 Likes on 191 Posts

I lived your life with the torn steering boots. Mine are too. I posted pics here somewhere. I sealed them with some silicone self sealing/adhesive tape from HD. They've been ok since raising the truck about .5

So what drive shaft are you using now? The original 2 piece? I didn't think there was room for a 5" drive shaft. That should be interesting.

BTW I've got my truck for sale. Just kind of got tired of it and working on it. Love your truck though it's awesome. Mine's got a Roush stage II blower.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Rasslin

I have a new 2 piece I had made, the shop that did the 1 piece tossed my stocker
Next step is a local shop doing an aluminum one, I'm going as big OD as I can, I need to stop by there next week sometime it's just hard as Phoenix is 115+ and I'm hibernating
Old 08-31-2018, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtxpert
Here's every picture of the truck I've taken that's on google photos - https://photos.app.goo.gl/TMSJuYK6gnPVhfew9
The leaf springs I had made replaces the stock additional leafs with multiple smaller leafs allowing much more suspension travel so I wanted the big C notch, it's well built by a respected local suspension/fabrication shop.
Next step is the double adjustable shocks and coilovers from KW that just came out, full set of Hellwig sway bars and some custom air bags in the rear in case I need to load the truck up with dual gauges so I can preload the back right tire a little bit when I drag race.
The one piece driveshaft was a HUGE mistake, at least that one, it took the rear main bearing out in the trans almost immediately, less than 50 miles. Luckily I found a transmission shop from the scenario that is amazing so good with the bad. I'm going to have a local shop build a 5" aluminum one soon and get rid of the brand new 2 piece I had made.
For the front suspension I'm hoping the combo of stock arms with 2" spindles and 2" from the coilovers works better for steering, the rubber boots are torn now on the steering so I need to fix that. I'm also going to swap to 15+ upper/lower control arms when I do all that fun work.

Next week the stereo goes in, I'll post pictures of that hopefully soon.

Some upcoming planned projects:
36 gallon tank conversion
Black leather heated and cooled seats
Finish Raptor wheel conversion
Finish all my performance goodies install of the aux fuel injector setup, nitrous, 2 step, trans brake, custom air to water intercooler with killer chiller.
Custom roll pan
BC Forged custom wheels
what do you plan on using for spindles? The only one I can find is the maxtrac spindles. I also have a ‘14 tremor.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:00 PM
Rasslin

Maxtrac, mine showed up today
Old 09-01-2018, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtxpert
Maxtrac, mine showed up today
let me know how they turn out please!!
i called maxtrac and they told me to not use a wheel smaller than 20
Old 09-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Rasslin