Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Truck Sales

Southwest: 2003 F150 7700 Very nice condition

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 F150 7700 Very nice condition

I bought this F150 in June of 2012 with 109500 miles, and thanks to these F-150 Forums, I started to mildly modify it to get it just like I like it. Now it has the Gotts mod, electric fans with the DCC controller from Brian Baskins, dual exhaust, and an SCT tuner from MPT with 3 custom tunes. I should probably explain that I am 56 years old and mainly just use this truck to commute 18 mi. each day to Sedona Az., where I work as a building inspector. This truck would make a really cool, high school kid's truck, or just a really nice ride for an older guy like me.
As soon as I got it, I changed the rear-end grease, converted the truck to synthetic oil, flushed the transmission with BG synthetic transmission fluid and put new tires on it. The tires are still in great condition.
My first modification was a Spectre, re-cleanable air filter and then the Gotts mod. (I didn't notice as much difference in performance as I thought I would.) I then installed the electric fans, (used Ford Windstar fans with shroud purchased from Summit Racing-the original fan and shroud come with the truck in the sale). I ordered the DCC (50p35) fan controller from Brian Baskin and have been nothing but happy with it since I installed it. It comes on just as programmed by Brian. It has a red LED on the dash that runs green until the fan needs to come on, then turns redder as the fans turn faster. They only run as fast as they need to. The truck has never gotten past mid range on the temp gauge since I installed this system. I really like these fans and noticed a difference in acceleration as soon as I installed them.
The next modification was True Dual Exhaust. I had a DIDO muffler installed and though I asked for 2.25" pipes, they put in 2.5" stainless steel exhaust. This is probably my 2nd favorite modification and don't think I have listened to the radio for 20 minutes since I got the exhaust system put in.
The last and final modification that I did was the SCT tuner from More Power Tuning. The 3 custom tunes are the 91 octane performance tune with street shift,, (of which I run it in all of the time) I started with the 91 octane performance tune with the chill shift because I thought I would be too hard on the transmission, but I'm 56 years old and know what it costs to repair stuff so I drive it easy in the performance street shift setting. The last tune is a 91 octane, performance towing tune with the chill shift setting of which I use when pulling my horse trailer. I don't depend on the transmission shifting automatically when I am going up hills, I don't like to lug it down, so I downshift to 2nd when I am pulling up a hill around 50 mph. I live in the Verde Valley of Arizona and it is about a 1500 ft. climb on the freeway to get where I'm going so, that is just how I drive it.
So why am I selling it? Well, I also have F250 with the 7.3 liter that my wife normally drives, but, she wanted a Yukon, so we bought one. I like the F150 to drive around much better than the F-250, but, the F250 pulls the horse trailer and travel trailer much better and we only need 2 vehicles.
Retail Kelly Book comes in at just over $6500 for the truck, My carfax comes in at $580 over that, taking it to just over $7,000. The truck also has a Pace Edwards rolling bed cover. (which is great because there are times that I have things in the bed that are taller than the normal fiberglass-lift up type can cover, so I just roll it back) I am selling for $6500.
The pictures should show the whole story. It does have a couple of small dings in it and pictures of those are included. Other maintenance that was done was I changed the spark plugs at 118,079 mi., Changed the serpentine belt at 137225 miles. The truck has just under 139,000 miles and is driven daily.
If I can provide any more information, Please call me at 602-799-1976, or email to thrdlp@msn.com There are more photos in my garage.
Thank you
Bruce Zolman

Last edited by bzolman; 07-14-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: added some maintenance items
Old 07-13-2014, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Title Page

Passenger side.

Driver's side rear

Passengers side rear

Interior from driver's side

Interior from passenger's side

Extended cab area interior

Electric fan installation

Small ding behind passenger side rear tire

Small ding at driver's door