Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Wanting to make a light always on AND be used as turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to make a light always on AND be used as turn signal

I bought after market headlights and fog lights awhile back and want to re wire them as I now have my headlights and halos on together ( you can barley see halos with the headlights on) and my leds on with my parking lights.

https://www.americantrucks.com/f-150-chrome-halo-projector-headlights-02-az-ff97-pcc-r-a.html

https://www.americantrucks.com/f150-halo-projector-fog-lights-clear-wj30-0100-09.html

Wanting to make the leds always on AND a blinker if I possible. And the halos from head lights and fog lights to parking or even separately switched to be able to run them during the day. Could someone with more knowledge let me know if this is even possible? I have a 2002 f150 lariat with autolamps.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:14 PM
Now an XLT in Colorado

Received 2,349 Likes on 1,523 Posts

I installed this kit on my 2003 with zero issues and zero regrets. Maybe not exactly what you want, but it will make your turn signals run bright as DRL's any time your headlights are off, and still function as signals as well. With headlights on, they run dim as normal marker lights.

https://www.webelectricproducts.com/...hts-p264368736

Last edited by OhioLariat; 05-03-2024 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I even have recently bought some blacked out double flip sign headlights, not but sure if I'll placed them on the auto however I was wondering if a person idea of a very good manner to make the double turn sign usually on? Instead of getting the parking lighting on, both of the turn indicators might be on However a few questions came up Halogen bulbs draw an excessive amount of energy and having them on for a protracted time period may want to do some damage no? Either overheat and begin melting some plastic, the bulb burning, etc and so on - would putting in a led bulb paintings? If the turn alerts are on, how would it not paintings when you're virtually signaling to make a turn? For ex. Proper flip - is there a manner to make the proper headlight begin signaling and the left might always be on? I've searched everywhere, but I'm not finding lots of topics around the net, now not positive if I'm the use of the wrong phrases to look for threads but can't discover a whole lot information, the best issue I discovered changed into humans with the equal query as me Curious to see if anyone has completed this PS: I'm no longer in US so daylight hours walking lights isn't genuinely a issue where I stay, so I don't have side markers or some thing.

Kodi

Last edited by saxko; 05-05-2024 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 12:46 PM
Now an XLT in Colorado

Received 2,349 Likes on 1,523 Posts

The kit I linked should work for you as well, although, you both turn signal/parking bulbs would function together. I know no way to separate them as you describe.

You bring up a good point about halogen bulbs and heat. I ran the Daytime Running Light (DRL) kit with halogen bulbs and did melt the housing where the bulb installs. LED bulbs are required. (Aldi needed is an EP27 flasher to avoid bulb-out "hyper-flashing.")

Quick Reply: Wanting to make a light always on AND be used as turn signal