Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Swapped engine now having no start no crank issue. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapped engine now having no start no crank issue. Please help

So I swapped the motor in my truck. 2001 f150 2wd. I'm thinking I have a wiring issue. The truck has power but odometer goes blank every now and then. Plus no crank when I turn the key. I can jump the starter and she will run just won't turn over with the key. All grounds seem to be good. Ignition worked before the swap. Could the ignition go bad just like that or is there a ground I am missing. So confused. ...
Old 04-09-2016, 06:40 PM

Received 171 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Sartin
So I swapped the motor in my truck. 2001 f150 2wd. I'm thinking I have a wiring issue. The truck has power but odometer goes blank every now and then. Plus no crank when I turn the key. I can jump the starter and she will run just won't turn over with the key. All grounds seem to be good. Ignition worked before the swap. Could the ignition go bad just like that or is there a ground I am missing. So confused. ...
More details.
Year and size engine of your truck.
Size engine and year your donor engine came from?
Checked all the fuses/relays?
Old 04-09-2016, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by jferg92
More details.
Year and size engine of your truck.
Size engine and year your donor engine came from?
Checked all the fuses/relays?
Truck is 2001 f150 4.6 2wd... donor was 2001 f150 4.6 4x4. I've checked everything. I'm sure I'm missing something just not sure where to start. No theft light, no dashes on odometer. Sometimes odometer is displaying and sometimes not. Either way no start no crank with the key but will start and run after jumping the starter
Old 04-09-2016, 10:50 PM

Without looking at the vehicle, my guess would be the neutral safety switch may have gotten knocked out of adjustment or some wires in that circuit got pinched in the process of swapping engines. Check that wiring harness going to the neutral safety switch for damage.

Quick Reply: Swapped engine now having no start no crank issue. Please help