Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

spray on grease??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 05:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default spray on grease??

Hey everyone, My ball joints and control arms squeak like hell over every bump and i've had them replaced twice in the last year and a half. I really don't feel like replacing them again. Is there a good spray on type of grease that can go on them that would quiet it down? I've tried white lithium grease but that has not helped at all.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:49 AM
RDNK150

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts

Not really any grease that's gonna resolve the noise completely the noise will come back no doubt about it

Are you using cheap parts? Have you tried
Moog, motorcraft
I would stay away from duralast
Old 06-21-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Are you sure it's from ball joints and control arms? This noise often comes from dry stabilizer bar bushings. They can actually be lubricated with teflon.
If you get someone to bounce the suspension while you listen closely with a stethoscope (or suitable substitute), you can pinpoint the noise and maybe save some $$$$$
Old 06-21-2012, 04:39 PM
call me Randy

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

when mine did that i took a can of "belt dressing" and sprayed all the control arm bushings and all the joints, everywhere that moved. after that the squeaking noise went away and never came back, but ive also replaced ball joints and control arms since then, but that lasted a month or two
Old 06-21-2012, 06:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by udderbrudder
Are you sure it's from ball joints and control arms? This noise often comes from dry stabilizer bar bushings. They can actually be lubricated with teflon.
If you get someone to bounce the suspension while you listen closely with a stethoscope (or suitable substitute), you can pinpoint the noise and maybe save some $$$$$
yeah i've pinpointed the noise to the ball joints and control arms... Used the friend jump on back of truck method like you said.

@tugs, im using just the motorcraft parts, nothing aftermarket or anything.

@2000mtz, im gonna give that a try and see if that helps, this noise just drives me up a wall and makes me want to run my truck of a cliff hahaha

Quick Reply: spray on grease??