Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Skips under Load

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Skips under Load

Here we go again. One of my previous posts said i was having trouble, changed 2 plugs and shes fixed. All other plugs have about 8000 miles on them. Tonight one of my friends got his ranger stuck and needed someone to pull him out. So i went up there and pulled him out, and we went out a different way than coming in and there was a small water hole that came up to about the top of the foglights. Pulled out and truck started misfiring again. Engine had some moisture on it, but not enough to say so. Wires are also new about 8000 miles ago. Any ideas why it would misfire again. Only under load she skips, and its not a constant skip too. 2/3 time it skips, then everyone once in awhile the last cylinder fires. Any help would help again.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Skips under load

I just dealt with a similar problem with my truck. I replaced plugs and still intermittently the problem would resurface, especially on rainy or moist days. I removed the cap and spark plug boot from each of the spark plugs and then separated the boot from the cap. On my truck, the spade connector where the spring from the spark plug slides onto was corroded. The method I used to clean the spade connector was with a piece of emory cloth or sand paper. Cut a small strip of sand paped that will fit inside the coil cap; file the edges where the spring makes contact with the coil cap spade. When you reinstall the spark plug boot and the spark plug wire (wire coil), apply silicone grease to the spade. This will prevent corrosion.

Quick Reply: Skips under Load