Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Recommended Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 02:20 PM
GO SOX!

Received 92 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Recommended Seat Covers

The leather on my seats are really starting to show their age. The driver side has some pretty significant tears in it. I've been to countless websites looking a covers. Everything from reskining it to custom fitment covers. I don't want some Autozone $15 job. Can I get some help from you guys showing me what you have please? Also the manufacture of the cover would be appreciated.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:31 PM
F150 Forum

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We use Cal-Trend at my dealership. They are a pain to get on the vehicle but they look great once installed but unfortunately I do not have any photos. Take a look here: http://www.caltrend.com/
Old 06-17-2016, 02:46 PM

Received 1,355 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Originally Posted by mandingo32
The leather on my seats are really starting to show their age. The driver side has some pretty significant tears in it. I've been to countless websites looking a covers. Everything from reskining it to custom fitment covers. I don't want some Autozone $15 job. Can I get some help from you guys showing me what you have please? Also the manufacture of the cover would be appreciated.
What material are you looking for? I put Cover Coverking space mesh covers on my black truck and they fit really good. They weren't fun to put on but they did look good. Look in my album on my profile.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:58 PM
GO SOX!

Originally Posted by jprevat
What material are you looking for? I put Cover Coverking space mesh covers on my black truck and they fit really good. They weren't fun to put on but they did look good. Look in my album on my profile.

Probably would have been good info. I would like to keep the leather look, whether it's real or synthetic. Yours look good...
Old 06-17-2016, 03:01 PM

Received 1,355 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Originally Posted by mandingo32

Probably would have been good info. I would like to keep the leather look, whether it's real or synthetic. Yours look good...
For the price they were pretty nice. Coverking definitely makes above average covers.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:43 PM
mbb

Received 900 Likes on 741 Posts

why not just replace the leather?
$200 for driver bottom, a bit more for the back. Looks like new.

added benefit...put in seat heater while your in there.

You can make it just like new, or you can make it cheesy. Your choice.

Only the real thing will restore value. Anything else Id subtract value as a buyer if theres ripped up seats underneath.

If the leathers not torn....it can be repainted easily to look new. Thats relatively cheap. Actually, even if it is, it can be repaired and refinished.

But, lots of work. and the driver bottom gets weak and thin and gets hole and rips. Not sense repairing it. just replace $200

I wouldnt spend $1000 refinishing seats on 15 yr old truck. But no brainer replacing my seat bottom for $200. After that, and refinishing my steering wheel, and painting the tops of my door panels that were faded and oxidized, and painting armrests that were peeling and scratched, the inside of my truck looks excellent. Its much more pleasurable to drive around. It doesnt look dirty and old. It looks great.

Last edited by mbb; 06-17-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:20 PM
GO SOX!

Originally Posted by mbb
why not just replace the leather?
$200 for driver bottom, a bit more for the back. Looks like new.

added benefit...put in seat heater while your in there.

You can make it just like new, or you can make it cheesy. Your choice.

Only the real thing will restore value. Anything else Id subtract value as a buyer if theres ripped up seats underneath.

If the leathers not torn....it can be repainted easily to look new. Thats relatively cheap. Actually, even if it is, it can be repaired and refinished.

But, lots of work. and the driver bottom gets weak and thin and gets hole and rips. Not sense repairing it. just replace $200

I wouldnt spend $1000 refinishing seats on 15 yr old truck. But no brainer replacing my seat bottom for $200. After that, and refinishing my steering wheel, and painting the tops of my door panels that were faded and oxidized, and painting armrests that were peeling and scratched, the inside of my truck looks excellent. Its much more pleasurable to drive around. It doesnt look dirty and old. It looks great.

And that's where I'm weighing the option. I've looked at the OEM replacements on http://www.theseatshop.com/. You're looking at $199 for the bottoms, $209 for the backs and $50 for the arm rests. That's $916 for both sides. I could cover both the front and back for that with a custom slip over. I'm not going to do one side without the other. It'll drive me nuts seeing the new tone vs the old. So I'm torn, no pun intended. LOL
Old 06-17-2016, 04:32 PM
mbb

Fortunately for me, only my driver bottom needed replacement. Back is good, passenger is fine, backseat is fine. The seat shop or Richmond Auto Upholstery both make same things, same price.

Ive never seen a seat cover that didnt look and feel like.......a seat cover.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:41 PM
GO SOX!

Originally Posted by mbb
Fortunately for me, only my driver bottom needed replacement. Back is good, passenger is fine, backseat is fine. The seat shop or Richmond Auto Upholstery both make same things, same price.

Ive never seen a seat cover that didnt look and feel like.......a seat cover.
The driver bottom is bad. Passenger side is normal worn leather and the back is like it's never been touched. My kids were literally the first people to ride back there.

Was there a noticeable difference between the replaced bottom and existing leathers?
Old 06-17-2016, 04:55 PM
mbb

None thats noticeable. same color. medium parchment.
I went with seat shop cause richmonds pic on website was brown looking. Im sure it was just the pic. but you know.
The following users liked this post:
mandingo32 (06-17-2016)

Quick Reply: Recommended Seat Covers