Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Questions that aren't worth creating another thread for

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 08:38 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Question Questions that aren't worth creating another thread for

We have this thread on other forums I'm a part of. We'll see if it takes off, but it's nice having one thread where people can ask stupid/common questions and get quick answers without dirtying up the rest of the forum.

I'll start:
What is the maximum tire size you can go on a stock 4x2 with stock wheels? Every thread I read gives different answers.
(I know all about gear ratios, power loss, speedometer errors, I just want to know about tire size)

Seems like 265/75 16 is the preference. I'm currently on 265/70 16 and it looks like I could fit a lot more.
I've seen some people say they fit 285/75 16 without rubbing.

Is the rubbing concern with suspension components or just at full lock? Share pics if you have them.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:56 AM

Received 399 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken
We have this thread on other forums I'm a part of. We'll see if it takes off, but it's nice having one thread where people can ask stupid/common questions and get quick answers without dirtying up the rest of the forum.

I'll start:
What is the maximum tire size you can go on a stock 4x2 with stock wheels? Every thread I read gives different answers.
(I know all about gear ratios, power loss, speedometer errors, I just want to know about tire size)

Seems like 265/75 16 is the preference. I'm currently on 265/70 16 and it looks like I could fit a lot more.

Is the rubbing concern with suspension components or just at full lock? Share pics if you have them.
We already have it..it's the 97-03 f150 BS thread over in the community section....should be stickied here with the other threads you cried about to get removed.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by 02_Black_On_White
We already have it..it's the 97-03 f150 BS thread over in the community section....should be stickied here with the other threads you cried about to get removed.
Excuse me? I didn't ask for anything to be changed. All I did was respond to a thread asking why so many posts were stickied.
https://www.f150forum.com/f6/when-st...2/#post5669605

As a newbie to this forum, I figured there was a reason for the stickies and was curious what is was. I wasn't asking for anything to be changed, nor do I think someone who only joined in 2018 should have any say in forum configuration.

Rather than creating ANOTHER thread asking about tire sizes, knowing I would get the usual "there's a thread, try searching" response, I thought I could create something helpful that I did not previously see. But apparently even that was a duplicate of an existing thread, as you pointed out.

For once, I would really appreciate if somebody would just answer my actual questions. I get annoyed by repetitive and noob questions, so I try to search before posting. But there's a lot of mixed opinions and outdated information out there. Never getting answers makes me really question why I bothered signing up. Anyone can just search a public forum... This has been such an unwelcoming and unhelpful community.

As a fellow 10th gen owner, are there any other forums you would suggest that don't have all the politics that this one seems to have?
Old 03-15-2018, 09:52 AM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

Last edited by JCR 56; 03-15-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:19 PM

Received 5,529 Likes on 4,613 Posts

Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken

I'll start:

If you don't like the way things are here and have a desire to change them (so that your comfortable), the least you could do is post in the correct forum on this site. I help you out, -

https://www.f150forum.com/f27/

Other than that, -not to cool for a newb.. Specially when we have a thread similar to this currently.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jbrew
If you don't like the way things are here and have a desire to change them (so that your comfortable), the least you could do is post in the correct forum on this site. I help you out, -

https://www.f150forum.com/f27/

Other than that, -not to cool for a newb.. Specially when we have a thread like this currently.
How is posting a thread an attempt at changing this site? I'm sorry I created a duplicate thread, since I did not realize one previously existed in the Off Topic section.
https://www.f150forum.com/f15/offici...thread-213054/
Maybe if such a thread was in the 10th gen section, I would have noticed it. I don't actively make habit of browsing the off topic section for 10th Gen specific questions because of how many posts are irrelevant to my model. I did the best I could with searching this site and Google to find my answers, but the results were significantly varied or old. I was hoping for more recent opinions.

Mods, please change the title of this thread so that it matches my actual question.
"What is the largest tire that will fit a stock 4x2"

Or does tire fitment regarding 10th gens not belong in the 10th gen sub forum either?
The only reason I chose to post here was because it seems active with 10th gen owners giving 10th gen responses. When you get really model specific in forum-wide sub forums, it can easily get overlooked or ignored.
Heck, I've read posts in the general section regarding specific generations, and many times someone responds suggesting that they ask that question in the generation specific subforum.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:31 PM

Received 5,529 Likes on 4,613 Posts

Not sure what your talking about, try reading my post again. You lost me.

EDIT: Yea the last sentence in my post wasn't referring to this thread. Perhaps that will clear it up ?

Also, I think 02_Black_On_White might be confusing you with another member....not sure on that though.

Last edited by Jbrew; 03-15-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jbrew
Not sure what your talking about, try reading my post again. You lost me.

EDIT: Yea the last sentence in my post wasn't referring to this thread. Perhaps that will clear it up ?
Oh, I see now. Simple misread, my apologies.

Anyone have any insight to the tire question at hand? There's a guy with a new set of 265/75s in Classifieds that I want to pounce on if that's my best option.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:28 PM
GO SOX!

Received 92 Likes on 86 Posts

A lot of the repetitive question could be answered with a simple search. I see the same questions posted all the time in the Facebook groups. What's the max tire size? What head unit fits? What lift kit is best? I get people want opinions on things and that's fine. But do some digging. I answer most of my own questions by doing simple research.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:59 PM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Here are 15 threads I just searched for "biggest tire 2wd". Here's your sign.

https://www.f150forum.com/search.php?searchid=14204721

Quick Reply: Questions that aren't worth creating another thread for