Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Post up custom rear bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Post up custom rear bumpers

I've never liked the look of ford's stock rear bumpers, and I'm looking to make an upgrade. Initially I really liked the look of roll pans, but recently I've taken a liking to chunky steel plate bumpers. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a couple pictures:

I'm planning on making one of these at home, because I'm not willing to put down the ridiculous amounts of money they want to charge for these things when there's a welder sitting in the garage. Basically, I want some examples of bumpers like these to help me decide how I want it to look, what functional things it will have (ie tow hooks), and how it will be built. If you have some ideas, advice, or personal experience to offer but no pictures that's fine as well. Best case scenario, I find someone who has done this sort of thing before and can help me with it as I've never really attempted anything like this before. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:47 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Something like this will definitely look better on your truck than a roll pan. Rollpans belong on lowered street trucks, not 4x4s.

Quick Reply: Post up custom rear bumpers