Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Please Help! (Cleaning Rims)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 12:24 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Please Help! (Cleaning Rims)

Ok so I have Mickey Thompson Classic II's which are aluminum with chrome center caps. I love the rims, but if I don't clean them for a week or two they look like complete . I got busy for a while and haven't cleaned my truck for almost a month and finally cleaned it today. My rims are absolutely horrible looking I can't stand it. I have this product called Never Dull which will take a large amount of the crap off, but they still don't look that good. Here's a few pictures of the rims. Any suggestions for cleaning this stuff off? Like a spray of some sort. Thanks in advance.
Please Help! (Cleaning Rims)-i42vs.jpg
Please Help! (Cleaning Rims)-saxbb.jpg
Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I know there's some waxes out there made specifically for rims that do a good job keeping most anything off of them. But honestly...i'm not really sure. I've luckily never had to big a problem keeping my rims clean being where I live there's never anything harsh in contact with them. sand, salt on roads, mud...
Old 12-15-2012, 05:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My grandmother's Smart car had the same problem, it was just a bad run of those rims.

Unless you're driving through contaminated soil or dipping in the saltchuck I'd say it's a warranty issue. Have you seen this problem on other wheels?
Old 12-15-2012, 09:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used mothers mag and aluminum polish on a used set I bought with a polishing wheel and a drill. My wheels were worse than that when I started and came out great
Attached Thumbnails Please Help! (Cleaning Rims)-image-2662479424.jpg  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sell CroftGate wheel cleaner that does real well and keeps dirt & mud from sticking.
It cleans the wheel and tire all in one chemical.
PM me.

Quick Reply: Please Help! (Cleaning Rims)