Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Pioneer 4300 dvd

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 09:59 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

had this radio in my truck for almost a year now an recently it started giving me problems. I have the hook up in the back for my iPhone, and I plug my phone in and it will show my music playing but no sound out of my speakers. it does the same thing when I play the radio so I know it's not my phone. but the weird thing is I get a bass signal cuz my subs will play off both my phone and the radio but still no music out of the speakers. havnt had a chance to take off the radio bezel an check it out. any advice on how to fix it and make my radio work again? thanks for any advice guys, btw 03 supercrew fx4

Pioneer 4300 dvd-image-2315151248.jpg

Last edited by raif281; 01-13-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Maybe bad speaker connection, bad speaker, or bad amp. It's probly in the wiring somewhere.

One time my subs vibrated a switch down on one of my amps and it killed the subs. Thought I blew them out but I found the switch and they came back.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by ColdMonster
Maybe bad speaker connection, bad speaker, or bad amp. It's probly in the wiring somewhere.

One time my subs vibrated a switch down on one of my amps and it killed the subs. Thought I blew them out but I found the switch and they came back.

I think you misunderstood what i meant, when I say speakers I mean my door speakers not my subs. just to clear any confusion it may cause, they dont play and music out of my door speakers what so ever but i still get a sub signal. I was driving down the street today and my speakers played the for about 5 seconds an then went back off. I also hit the reset button on the front, an nothing. this happened last week and I could just hit the source button which would turn it off an I would hit it again an it would work again.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same truck. What do you have in the back? Is it under the rear seat?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I understood you I just don't know if you are using an amp for your speakers too. I use an amp on mine and have had lots off different resons for them just going out. From flipping switches, bad RCA or wire connections, to clipping amps. I would check your wiring first.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by ColdMonster
I understood you I just don't know if you are using an amp for your speakers too. I use an amp on mine and have had lots off different resons for them just going out. From flipping switches, bad RCA or wire connections, to clipping amps. I would check your wiring first.
ok an no the only amp I have is for my subs. wiring is fine. on my way to work this morning (7 minute ride from my house) the speakers worked when I started my truck for about 10 seconds then went off and came back on for about 5 seconds right before I got to work. idk what the deal is, doesn't sound like a loose connection or anything like that
Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 AM
My Dixie Wrecked

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

There should be an internal fuse for the HU's internal amp that could be blown. Or the HU's amp just decided to quit. Do you have an amp you can hook up for the full range speakers? Just to see if thats what happened.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:22 AM
RDNK150

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts

sounds like a bad connection in the harness making contact at intermittent times throughout the truck running I'd pull the radio just to make sure and as for a fuse gone bad... that doesn't even make sense if the speakers are working on and off its a wiring issue not a fuse if a fuse blew that would be game over until you replaced the fuse
Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 AM
My Dixie Wrecked

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

crap, I didn't see the part where they worked intermittently. My bad
Old 01-14-2013, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by 2003XLT
sounds like a bad connection in the harness making contact at intermittent times throughout the truck running I'd pull the radio just to make sure and as for a fuse gone bad... that doesn't even make sense if the speakers are working on and off its a wiring issue not a fuse if a fuse blew that would be game over until you replaced the fuse
it shouldn't be a bad connection, I used a butt connector and electrical taped it. but you never know lol. like i said I havnt had a chance to pull it yet ill probably do it tomorrow since I don't have school after work. I may be wrong but if it was a bad connection wouldn't only 1 speaker be not workin and the other 3 work? if it is the speaker wire gettin a bad connection

Originally Posted by JayBo
crap, I didn't see the part where they worked intermittently. My bad
it's cool lol thanks for tryin bud

Quick Reply: Pioneer 4300 dvd