Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Painted brake calipers on FX4

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:43 PM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Default Painted brake calipers on FX4

After installing some aftermarket brakes on my BMW and loving the aesthetic look, I decided to attempt to paint the calipers on my 03 S-cab FX4.

I used VHT red 700 degree paint. I used the spray can, along with a brush to get in the hard to reach areas.

Heres what all I used;
Brake Cleaner
Sandpaper
Drill/roatory tool with a wire spool bit
Toothbursh(for cleaning hard to get ares)
Masking tape
Newspaper
VHT red paint.

The process was super simply and very easy. The hardest part was masking the area off as to not get paint on the rotor and brake drums. I left the calipers on, just to make the process go faster.

It was getting dark, so I will have some pics of the front calipers tomorrow. They should look even better(much bigger) and easier to see through the 17" wheels.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:53 PM
clint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good work man. I have been painting my calipers and drums for about 4 years now and it really looks good. I have black wheels, so the red paint I use really gives it a good touch. check out my truck sometime.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:08 PM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet98
good work man. I have been painting my calipers and drums for about 4 years now and it really looks good. I have black wheels, so the red paint I use really gives it a good touch. check out my truck sometime.
Thanks, yea on black vehicles.. it really sets them off!

I was debating on whether or not to paint the outside of the brake pad, and ended up doing it because I couldnt polish up the spring on the outside. I am happy with the outcome... It's really more work to jack the truck up and take the tires off than it is to paint them. I only used one coat, and im overwhelmed at the finish.

Quick Reply: Painted brake calipers on FX4