Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

OEM Seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 11:44 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Question OEM Seat covers?

I'm struggling to find OEM seat covers for my 03 F-150 XLT Super Crew Cab. I'm not wanting to change the color of the whole interior, but I can't find matching cloth seat covers for a 60-40 seat set up.

Anyone know of a place to buy off the shelf covers that look & feel like the OEM type? As you can see by the pictures, I need help finding all new interior trim.

Thanks in advance... Cheers

Old 09-29-2020, 03:00 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutter26
I'm struggling to find OEM seat covers for my 03 F-150 XLT Super Crew Cab. I'm not wanting to change the color of the whole interior, but I can't find matching cloth seat covers for a 60-40 seat set up.

Anyone know of a place to buy off the shelf covers that look & feel like the OEM type? As you can see by the pictures, I need help finding all new interior trim.

Thanks in advance... Cheers

I usually don’t give advice on here but I’ll say this - take your Ford to a upholstery shop! The center arm rest looks too far gone and the seats probably can be cleaned, maybe ask a automotive detailer or a upholstery shop for a quote?
The following 2 users liked this post by F150tony85:
Blondie70 (08-29-2021), Cutter26 (10-08-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 07:30 AM

Thanks F150Tony85...
Yes, the whole interior is too far gone. I'm looking to remove the old covers and replace them with new ones. Taking it to an upholstery shop is my last ditch effort.
The following users liked this post:
F150tony85 (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 08:52 AM

Received 790 Likes on 646 Posts

I wanted to replace an '08 Edge seat cover earlier this year and couldn't find one either. Eventually did but it wasn't easy. When you go looking for Ford OEM parts almost every supplier is on the same parts database and you go nowhere in your search. But, there are some dealers who use their own parts database and not Ford's but there is no way to know which is which when searching the internet. I'm in Michigan and found my seat cover from a dealer in the Boston area. I found it by just looking at every dealer that came up in a search. I could tell the search was different as soon as I started searching that dealer. It wasn't the same as all the others.

I can't verify how accurate this is but I was told there are some dealers that buy up part inventories from Ford when they drop parts from their inventory. Manufacturers only carry service parts as long as they have to. Besides the seat cover I ended up finding a cast aluminum diff cover that FRPP once carried for our trucks the same way. It just took a lot of searching.
The following 2 users liked this post by River1:
Cutter26 (09-29-2020), F150tony85 (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 07:45 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by River1
I wanted to replace an '08 Edge seat cover earlier this year and couldn't find one either. Eventually did but it wasn't easy. When you go looking for Ford OEM parts almost every supplier is on the same parts database and you go nowhere in your search. But, there are some dealers who use their own parts database and not Ford's but there is no way to know which is which when searching the internet. I'm in Michigan and found my seat cover from a dealer in the Boston area. I found it by just looking at every dealer that came up in a search. I could tell the search was different as soon as I started searching that dealer. It wasn't the same as all the others.

I can't verify how accurate this is but I was told there are some dealers that buy up part inventories from Ford when they drop parts from their inventory. Manufacturers only carry service parts as long as they have to. Besides the seat cover I ended up finding a cast aluminum diff cover that FRPP once carried for our trucks the same way. It just took a lot of searching.
Thanks River1,
I had heard that about dealers buying up left over inventory. I guess it only makes sense. I'll just keep on searching... it's not like I'm in a hurry, the truck needs a lot more TLC before I get to the interior.

Cheers,
Cutter26
The following users liked this post:
River1 (09-29-2020)

Quick Reply: OEM Seat covers?