Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

no heat blend door actuator and door intact

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 04:48 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Default no heat blend door actuator and door intact

OK, there is no heat, blend door rotates 1/4 turn manually, electric actuator rotates the same 1/4 turn. Trying to back flow front heater core on a 2001 4.6L expedition. Can or will someone direct me to a site for a parts diagram for this vehicle. Please help! Cannot get any flow of coolant back into the engine from the heater cores. Perhaps I need to change my name from Good old Bill to Old and stupid!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:46 PM

Received 143 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Good old Bill
OK, there is no heat, blend door rotates 1/4 turn manually, electric actuator rotates the same 1/4 turn. Trying to back flow front heater core on a 2001 4.6L expedition. Can or will someone direct me to a site for a parts diagram for this vehicle. Please help! Cannot get any flow of coolant back into the engine from the heater cores. Perhaps I need to change my name from Good old Bill to Old and stupid!
If both heater hoses are not hot after warm-up then you possibly have a clogged core. Good luck
Old 09-15-2018, 11:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same exact boat I’m in .. I’m in Canada b.c too so I freeze my *** off when I drive the truck to work lol. I’m looking at a product called the heater treat .. but most likely I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and change the heater core.someone should fabricate a hi flowing filter easily accessible to change that keeps the core unclogged .
Old 09-16-2018, 02:54 AM

Received 6,479 Likes on 4,615 Posts

Bill, the Motorcraft cores are the preferred cores for these trucks. Because you are not getting flow through, like mentioned before, you core is plugged. Might want to invest in one of the tools to release the clips on the heater core hoses..... but the hoses on these trucks will outlast the o-ring seal. If they are bad, you can go get the seals at Autozone.

Forgot to add this... here's a "how to" on the core in the dash. It is a Word document... hopefully you have Word, lol. If not, Google Docs will open it, but probably jack up the format a bit.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Heater_Core_Replacement.doc (2.32 MB, 258 views)

Last edited by white89gt; 09-16-2018 at 02:57 AM.

Quick Reply: no heat blend door actuator and door intact