Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

New Shifter ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Ford Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Shifter ?

Hey guys i have a 2002 F150 4x4 super cab with the 5.4. I have no idea which transmission it has in it or how to find out. I downloaded that android phone app you can scan vin codes with and get all that info and it told me my truck was a 87 c10 ???? ummmmm no....

Anyways my column shifter is getting hard to pull. It don't line up with the digits on the shift/gear indicator either. I figure someone has had work done to the trans and the shifter linkages either never got put back right or was bent. It is also getting harder to pull into gear because of this.

I was thinking about just installing a floor shifter. Has anyone one here done this before. It does have the floor shifter for the 4x4 system so i don't know if that would cause any problems or not either. I am not looking to go racing so shifting speed is not an issue i just need something easier to pull cause of my disabilities.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Also my 4x4 shifter **** cracked the other day, will just any aftermarket shifter **** from the parts store fit my truck or do i have to get a special size ?

Quick Reply: New Shifter ?