Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

New Key Fob - Programming and link to what I bought

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 08:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Key Fob - Programming and link to what I bought

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2001 F150 Supercrew and they guy I purchased from let me know he didnt have the key fobs and never did. I did some digging and found there are a slew of these on ebay for dirt cheap. I got my pair for $6.99 shipped. Last night I got home and it took me all of about 6 seconds to program them. What you will need to do is get in the truck and insert your key into the ignition. Turn the key from off to run then back to off then back to run a total of 8 times quickly. On the 8th time, leave the key in the run position (do not turn the truck on). The locks should activate knowing it is ready to program. Then, push any button on your first remote. The locks will again activate letting you know it has been registered. Then, push any button on the second remote and again the locks will activate. From here, turn the key back to the off position and the locks will once again activate letting you know that the programming cycle has ended. You should now have two working key fobs to lock and unlock your truck! This is definitely up there as the best $7 I have EVER spent. Anyone out there who is unlocking their truck with a key...please do yourself a favor and pony up a couple of bucks you wont regret it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Keyless-...72.m2749.l2649
The following users liked this post:
cherrytrees (03-21-2019)
Old 08-17-2018, 01:32 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Devils Fan 30
... I recently purchased a 2001 F150 Supercrew and they guy I purchased from let me know he didn't have the key fobs and never did. I did some digging and found there are a slew of these on ebay for dirt cheap. I got my pair for $6.99 shipped. Last night I got home and it took me all of about 6 seconds to program them. ... You should now have two working key fobs to lock and unlock your truck! This is definitely up there as the best $7 I have EVER spent. Anyone out there who is unlocking their truck with a key...please do yourself a favor and pony up a couple of bucks you wont regret it.
Also, when you activate the learn key fobs mode you can't just add one more.
If you have 2 and want to add a 3rd you have to do all 3 at the same time.
I think entering learn key fobs mode clears any previous entries.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Devils Fan 30
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2001 F150 Supercrew and they guy I purchased from let me know he didnt have the key fobs and never did. I did some digging and found there are a slew of these on ebay for dirt cheap. I got my pair for $6.99 shipped. Last night I got home and it took me all of about 6 seconds to program them. What you will need to do is get in the truck and insert your key into the ignition. Turn the key from off to run then back to off then back to run a total of 8 times quickly. On the 8th time, leave the key in the run position (do not turn the truck on). The locks should activate knowing it is ready to program. Then, push any button on your first remote. The locks will again activate letting you know it has been registered. Then, push any button on the second remote and again the locks will activate. From here, turn the key back to the off position and the locks will once again activate letting you know that the programming cycle has ended. You should now have two working key fobs to lock and unlock your truck! This is definitely up there as the best $7 I have EVER spent. Anyone out there who is unlocking their truck with a key...please do yourself a favor and pony up a couple of bucks you wont regret it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Keyless-...72.m2749.l2649
Thanks for the information. I ordered a pair and programmed them. It was easy and they seem to work fine.

Quick Reply: New Key Fob - Programming and link to what I bought