Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Need help E-brake

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 06:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need help E-brake

Hey guys,

I have a problem with my e-brake,nothing was working so i decided to work on them a bit, parts that was suposed to move weren't moving at all, but i solvered this problem.

The problem is, when i put the e-brake, everytime i release it, the wire comes out the poorly designed thingy (the wire on the ebrake itself) and you know what comes after this..

I am the only one with this problem ?
Old 08-15-2013, 07:54 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd venture to say you didn't completely solve your problem. The cable is not retracting with the pedal because some of the parts that are supposed to pull the cable are seized, or the cable itself is partially seized.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Complete Asshat

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

Oh that thingy is not making the other thing do it's job. It's a simple fix, just take the thingy, you know the one attached to the metal piece, and undo it, grease it all up, put it back together, and then take the piece before it, attached to the wire, and make sure that's working. Grease that up too, and it should be fixed.

Seriously, you need to give more detail or at least some pictures. What you described is useless to anyone trying to help you. Find out names of items and use them.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:31 PM

The wire is barely new (both)...

And also, the ((P)) is suposed to light when the brake is on ?
Mine lights up only at start up, e-brake on or not....
Old 08-15-2013, 08:35 PM

@ TLB4

I'm a french guy, still working on my English but, sometimes you can't find a name for that parts. I don't know how i could be more clear by saying the wire is getting out of the lil parts that engage the e-brake itself ...

Quick Reply: Need help E-brake