Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Need HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need HELP!!!

Well the other day when I was leaving for work. I started the truck 2002 F150 5.4 threw her in reverse and when I got to the end of the drive (about 10-15 ft) it died. It has done this once about a week ago and it started and ran fine since, until the other day. It cranks and turns over I went to the stealership and they said it would be 200 to even look at it. To hell with that I'm gonna save me some money.

So, I realized my tires chewed through my wiring harness. I'm a pretty DIY guy and I thought "no sweat, splice some wires in there heat shrink 'em up and be good to go." Right? WRONG... Dead wrong...

I get done wiring and put the key in the ignition and proceeded to try and start her up... Turn the key and... She cranks about a quarter turn nothing, except my fuse box by my left knee clicking... I'm out of ideas and don't really have the cash to take it somewhere to fix my $%@& up.

Before I did the "wiring job" the truck had life and turned over. It wanted to start, but something just wasn't there. Seems like I made a problem into a total meltdown...

I just don't know what to do anymore..

ANY help, advise, or a hug would be nice..

Thanks,
-J-
Old 08-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Complete Asshat

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

Which tire did it happen to and which wiring harness did your tires eat. There shouldn't be anything close to there. Start by double checking your splices, make sure they're all correct with good joints, and try and find out what you spliced.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM

Front drivers side tire. It runs along the frame. I'll get right on seeing what I spliced.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:46 PM

Does anyone else have any advise? PLEASE!! I need a cuddle from someone. lol
Old 08-11-2013, 08:55 PM

Ok, so here's where I'm at. I've been on it all day long and I'm stuck. The motor turns over now, I managed to get it back to where it was. My odometer still reads *--------* and I'm getting no response when I plug the reader in to see if it's throwing codes. What would you do in my situation? I really need some help guys.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Check the OBD port fuse. It is a brownish 5 amp fuse, which control the OBD port to the ECM. Check the fuses, all of them. Sounds like a blown fuse could be your initial problem. That will help to see if the GEM or computer are screwed up or if you have another wire problem. Check all the fuses and let's go from there.

Last edited by akdoggie; 08-11-2013 at 09:21 PM.