Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Multiple questions on 03 King Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple questions on 03 King Ranch

Just bought my first F150 this week after having my 02 F250 stolen 2 month ago and it being a full 4 door 4x4 King Ranch is pretty awesome coming from a ext cab XLT, but anyway the truck has some issues id like to resolve that aren't so much necessary but id like to have it all working again.

First the power adjust petals do not work and i think they are set all the way up closest to the seat and it kinda sucks to drive as it is. Where to start looking for that issue?

second the weather stripping one the passanger side of the power rear slide window fell out while closing it and I'm afraid water will get in when it rains. Is there a replacement piece for that or is a whole back window the only fix?

and hopefully lastly the odometer lights up when it wants to, computer is keeping track of miles no matter but id like to figure out why it wont stay lit up all the time. what direction should i head with that?

I have searched around this forum and others and have not been able to find the info I'm looking for. I'm a mechanic at the local bobcat dealer so I'm not afraid of pulling things apart but id like to have a bit of a idea of where to start

Thanks in advance guys
Shane
Old 12-22-2017, 05:08 PM

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

cant help much on the first two problems but the odometer going out is a pretty common issue, here's a link to the fix and sorry about your old truck but congrats on your new one

https://www.f150forum.com/f75/97-03-odometer-fix-93814/
Old 12-22-2017, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cptBudd
cant help much on the first two problems but the odometer going out is a pretty common issue, here's a link to the fix and sorry about your old truck but congrats on your new one

https://www.f150forum.com/f75/97-03-odometer-fix-93814/
Thank you very much for your reply, it looks like a big job but nothing i cant handle!!!
Old 03-04-2018, 10:01 PM
Slick

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I found this on another thread....

My 2004 Lariat had the same faults, drivers seat, power mirrors & adjustable pedals not working, I found a wiring diagram which showed the power feed wire as orange with a light green trace, the connection in loom under l/h front sill trim was badly corroded, it broke when i wiggled it, two orange/ light green wires into a red wire which heads off to the fuse box, a simple crimp connector fixed the problem.

Hope it is helpful.

Quick Reply: Multiple questions on 03 King Ranch