Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Missfire

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Missfire

Ok. Bought Truck used. It began Missing. Checked OBD Code. Said Coils Missfire. The autoparts store that checked it couldn't tell me which one was bad. So I ordered and replaced all 8 Coil on Plugs. After installing the new coils the truck began to Idle rough. So I changed the fuel filter. Truck has 140 thousand and not sure if it had ever been changed. When I had the OBD code read at different Auto Parts store now it said that all 8 coils were miss fireing. Today I checked all 8 Coils. 4 of the 8 coils were bad. So I put 4 of the old coils that worked back on the truck. Trucks runs beterr but still has a miss when driving down road especially when I am accelerating. When I checked the OBD Code again It showed that Coils A,B, and C were miss firing. I am assuming this translates to coils 1, 2, 3. Can anyone give me suggestions on what might be causing the Coils to Missfire? I have 4 new coil on the way that the Autoparts store I ordered them from is replacing.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Senior

Received 119 Likes on 112 Posts

I am guessing that you have checked the wiring to the coils for corroson as stated on reply in https://www.f150forum.com/f6/cop-mis...2/#post1599436 look at the pig tails and wiring

Quick Reply: Missfire