Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Looking for ideas for rims/tires, fog light locations, and brush guard/bull bar.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for ideas for rims/tires, fog light locations, and brush guard/bull bar.

We just bought a 1997 F150 2wd. We dont have money for a lift kit or anything big like that and I dont really care for lowering trucks. Its looks good on the right trucks, but its just not my thing.

Im hoping some of you guys that have a brush guard/bull bar could please post some pics of your trucks. I havent really found any 2wd F150's with either one.

Im also looking for a good rim/tire combo that will fit our factory ride hight 2wd F150. I would like to stick with factory rims though maybe a little bigger tire. BTW, what is the biggest tire that will fit a 2wd F150? Again, Im hoping some of you guys can post pics.

And finally, where has everyone mounted aftermarket fog lights? I know that is a write up on how to mount them in the lower grille, but Im just curious if anyone has mounted them in a different location.

Thanks for your input, advise, and suggestions.
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2012, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I threw 245/75/R16s on my stock rims. They are larger than the tires which were on the truck when I bought it used (235/60/R16) but I do not know if the previous owner had replaced the tires with stock size or not.

I do not have any issues with my tires, and they fill the wheel wells up a lot better than the smaller tires that almost looked goofy on the truck.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:28 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I think that you can fit 265's as the biggest tire under 2wd's. I have two off road lights behind my grille as a lot of people are doing. I just put a push bar on my truck but its 4x4.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Complete Asshat

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

I mounted a bunch of lights on a backrack. And then I mounted some more on a piece of angle iron, welded to the front where the frame sticks out. I had to remove the valance on the front. But it looks a lot wider and bulkier with it off. I'll post some pictures next week or the following week.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right now our truck has 255/70R16's on it. I know he got these tires/rims off of a truck that was in the cash for clunkers deal a few years ago. We worked together at a Dealership and they let him swap his tires/rims for the one on the truck now. He got the bed rails, tonnuea cover, and carbon fiber tail lights too from another truck.

Whats the biggest 17" tire that could fit? I like the '99-'03 FX4 rims a lot. I always have. Would the factory tire size from a 4x4 fit on our 2wd?

I want '03 Heritage rims, '99-'03 FX4 rims, Lightning rims , or I would settle for Harley rims too but not my first choice though.

Im waiting for a truck to come in on trade at my job (dealership) so I can switch rims/tires. If the car/truck is in rough shape mechaniclly/cosmeticlly and cant be sold on our lot, they send them to action and they sometimes let me switch rims and tires. My record for eight rims/tires is 50 minutes. Thats just with a hydrulic jack, a scissor jack, and a T-bar. Im a little slow.

Quick Reply: Looking for ideas for rims/tires, fog light locations, and brush guard/bull bar.