Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Long tube headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long tube headers

Hey everyone.

I know this has been discussed at length. I have read a number of the threads about this and I have gotten some really good info. I just want to clarify and I like to hear advice specific to my situation.

I have a 98 4.6l 4wd. One of the studs recently broke, so I am loud, proud, and getting terrible gas mileage. First of all, I am thinking I just want to replace with some long tubes. I think I am debating between OBX and Pacesetters. Which seems to be the best for longevity, and does anybody know any good places to get them for a good price? Additionally, I've read that some of the tubes are made for 5.4l but can fit the 4.6l and then everyone and their mother had different opinions. I don't want to necessarily fight these things, so will they fit smoothly or not? And do the years matter? A lot of people say that the 99 is the one that has fit issues, but then somebody else said something about the 97-98 having issues and then comes the guys who say 2wd vs 4wd doesn't matter for the headers. I just want a clear picture of what I need to be looking for and what I need to prepare for when I take this on (I am well aware that the studs are going to ruin my day, so no need to blast me about it hahaha).

As of now, this is what I am looking at, but again, concerned about fit for the 4.6l https://www.jegs.com/i/Pace-Setter/7...830+4294829812

Thanks in advance for any help/advice. Good group of people here.

Quick Reply: Long tube headers