Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Here is a new one for you guys!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 06:32 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Here is a new one for you guys!

Went to take the trash off today and on the way back I hear every relay under the dash start clicking and all 4 windows of the truck go down by themselves.... Back two and front passenger window go up fine, but the driver's side wouldn't go back up. After a few minutes, It decides to go up on its own and functions completely normal after. In fact, all the windows go up faster than they did before.

No codes obviously, but should I be concerned? Is this the beginning of a GEM module failure? Front windshield doesn't leak? Or is it just the ghost of Henry Ford enacting revenge on my truck? It gets -50 degrees here in the winter and I don't want this happening in that temperature.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had ad a similar problem once (solenoids energizing). As it turned out my power distribution centre positive plate (underside of the distribution box) had partly disintegrated due to corrosion.

One other suggestions, and this is a longshot, if you have a remote start it may have "easter eggs" that would allow you to do some useful things with the vehicle eg. hold the lock button for 11 seconds then hit it again 3 times and all windows will go down (or something like that).

good luck lad.
Scotty