Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

headers question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers question

i recently redid my exhaust and now i have a single pipe that branches off into a y pipe right about where the bed of the truck starts, then into duals and its louder then the single straight pipe i had before , i like it but dont love it and im still looking for a little bit more sound (louder)

Im thinking headers now. im thinking of sticking with shorty headers to keep my cats but my question is will there be a noticable sound difference with that upgrade? I hear you get a little bit of performance and sound with that upgrade but i really dont know how much and i would hate to spend the money on them and not like them.

If any of you have videos with single in dual out pipe and shorty headers that would be awesome. thanks guys!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Triton

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I had a y-pipe into two mufflers out the back and you could tell it wasn't stock but it wasn't loud at all so I went and had the y-pipe removed to run true duals 45degrees out the back and it made a huge difference. Still not terribly loud though. Looking to get high flow cats and remove the resonators. Then it should rattle everyone elses doors. A buddy log mine had that setup ans was setting off car alarms. Lmao
Old 02-22-2012, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long tube headers, high flow cats, true dual piping, and glasspacks..

and your neighbors will hate you.

Last edited by IfIWasAnAlien; 02-22-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Triton

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by IfIWasAnAlien
Long tube headers, high flow cats, true dual piping, and glasspacks..

and your neighbors will hate you.
now when you got hi flows put on did you have 4 or were the back 2 considered resonators? Its in my interest to get rid of them soon and was just wantding to make sure they were resonators instead of cats.

Quick Reply: headers question