Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Gotts mod results

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotts mod results

Yesterday I did the gotts mod, removed air silencer, cleaned maf, and ran seafoam through vacuum line into throttle body. Havnt driven enough to see a difference in fuel economy, but the engine seems to be a little stronger especially on the top end, which is where i was expecting to see any power increase. Any low end responsiveness i think is just from using the seafoam. You can actually hear the engine breath now. And i was able to remove the air silencer without taking off that accordion looking piece of rubber. Just removed the small sensor thats in rubber, took a dremel tool and cut down the length of the silencer, then was able to pull it out through the rubber. Ill repost my mpg's after i burn this tank.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Only Loves Ford

that seafoam seems to be 1 hell of a product and you can use to clean out everything in your truck. I'm going to try it out.... check the stuff out on youtube.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 589 Posts

Can you post a pic of the line you used to run the seafoam into? And did you use the entire can?
Old 02-25-2010, 05:25 PM

I just used what the instructions on the can said. 1/3 of a can through vacuum line. The line is easy to find. Open your hood. You see the big round thing on the firewall under the steering wheel? Theres a hose coming off it going to the throttle body. Just follow it to make sure. Take hose off big round thing and with engine running stick end of hose into seafoam. I would suggest pouring the right amount of seafoam to be used into a separate container because you could suck that entire bottle empty in just about 2 seconds.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:40 AM
USMC WHITENER

i usually run a whole can of seafoam in my truck..doesn't hurt it at all...you can pretty much use as much as you want...just depends on how deep the pockets are$$$$
Old 02-28-2010, 12:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea I ran seafoam through and I thought it was supposed to make your engine cut off when you poured it in but it didnt and ended up sucking up half a bottle. next time I am just going to have a friend cut the engine while I am pouring to make sure the seafoam sits in those cyclinders.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by BigRedXlt
yea I ran seafoam through and I thought it was supposed to make your engine cut off when you poured it in but it didnt and ended up sucking up half a bottle. next time I am just going to have a friend cut the engine while I am pouring to make sure the seafoam sits in those cyclinders.
Yeah, my engine didn't seem to struggle much either. Maybe just needed to pour it faster, idk. I did it once pouring really slow, then tried it pouring fast and seemed to struggle slightly. I didn't get a whole lot of smoke after I fired the engine back up either.

Anybody who sucks mechanically like me and wants to know where to pour the seafoam, go to the how to section and there is a post on how to do it to an older ford, but it is the same exact thing.

Quick Reply: Gotts mod results