Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Gauge Cluster Bulb Replacement Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 11:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gauge Cluster Bulb Replacement Question

Good morning fellow F-150 lovers. I have had bulbs out in my 2001 XLT for a little time now and decided to take the cluster out and try and replace the bulbs. So, I took it out and was looking at the bulbs, but when tried to take one of them out, I noticed that they are connected to 2 little wires or something inside the bulb socket. I didn't know what they were so I just pushed the bulb back into the socket. I forgot to take some pictures but I will try to get some today maybe. But otherwise, does anyone know what I am talking about? Or what I need to do to replace the bulbs with LED's?

Thanks in advance, and Have A Nice Day
Old 02-09-2016, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are talking about the cluster bulbs where the bottom of the bulb is flattened glass and two prongs stick out and are folded around the flattened glass like these:

Then I think you need these:

http://www.autozone.com/electrical-a...ight-mini-bulb (make sure to filter for your truck model, year, type etc)
Old 02-09-2016, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by F150-Steve
If you are talking about the cluster bulbs where the bottom of the bulb is flattened glass and two prongs stick out and are folded around the flattened glass like these:

Then I think you need these:

http://www.autozone.com/electrical-a...ight-mini-bulb (make sure to filter for your truck model, year, type etc)
Yes they look like that but they had a flexible wire coming off of them on out of the socket.And I didn't want to just rip them off of the wire
Old 02-09-2016, 05:30 PM

Ok so I have a picture of what the bulb looks like. It's not the wedge type. This is what it looks like. It's those 2 little wires towards the bottom of the bulb
Gauge Cluster Bulb Replacement Question-1455056858946.jpg

Quick Reply: Gauge Cluster Bulb Replacement Question