Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lights

Hi everyone...how would I wire my truck for fog lights? It is the sport model and didn't come with them, but has the wiring there from the factory....I want to add either the Harley, STX, or Lightning valance with the fog lights in them. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by LOHfootball53; 12-23-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:29 PM

anyone?
Old 12-24-2008, 10:29 AM

I am NOT 100%, I think you can change the control switch (Headlight Switch) to one that came from a 4X4 that has fog lights. Look under the front of the truck to locate the wires (one on each side, just below the headlights, in front of the core support.) Once you get the switch (Check junk yards). To make sure that you have one that controls fog lights. Turn the switch on to the headlight position, then pull on it. There will be a click, then (without pushing it back in) turn it off, as you are turning it off it should automatically return to the position of turning the fog lights off. Once you have the switch, I think it is just a matter of switching them out, and putting a fuse in the fog light position of the fuse board.
As I said at the begining, I am NOT 100%.
I am planning on trying this out as soon as I find the fog lights that came off of a 4X4.
Let me know what you find out...
Good Luck
Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2008, 01:19 PM

ok i pulled my switch out and looked at the wiring...i didnt see any other connectors that would be for fogs....so i dont know...kinda stumped..i might just wire up my own switch and be able to turn them on when i want to
Old 12-29-2008, 12:46 PM

As I said before. I am not 100% on this. And I am guessing that I'll need to plug mine in, check the extra plugs out front for power. I have found in the past that most of the time the extra wiring is there for options that are not on the truck.
If you are going to do the fog lights, and want the switch to follow the factory, you owe it to yourself to research this as far as you can to get the best outcome of the install. The one thing that I like most, and beat my chest, like a caveman, is to use something that is already there for a fraction of the cost from the dealer.
When adding anything that requires switches or *****, there is not really a good place that fit the interior or function, without looking like a hack job.
Let me know what you find out.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Fog lights