Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

fitch fuel catalyst

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:15 PM

Received 94 Likes on 94 Posts

Default fitch fuel catalyst

Ok well I've been looking at this fuel catalyst for a few years now it is made by APSI inc these are some of the things they claim it does ok #1 insure fuel quality during storage #2 increases gasoline octane #3 improves engine performance #4parts improve fuel economy #5 reduce emissions and a few other things the reason I started this is to get your opinions about this product and to see if anyone has some experience with it they have a website if you want to look just google fitch fuel catalyst let me know you thoughts on this subject
Old 10-12-2011, 01:50 PM

Received 165 Likes on 69 Posts

1. Yes there are some types of materials that can reduce oxidation of gasoline and extend quality, but chemical anti oxidants (Stabil is a common one) are more effective. 2. Carbon configurations change octane. Unless it can alter the chemistry of the gas, which I highly doubt, then it's no. 3,4,&5. Too many variables here and many companies make these claims which are mostly false.

The EPA has tested several of these "gas saving" products and found most to be snake oils. Fitch falls under the fuel line metallic devices, which they tested. In my book and in the government's testing it's snake oil.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...tos/aut10.shtm

Quick Reply: fitch fuel catalyst