Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

File Insurance Claim?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 12:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default File Insurance Claim?

Here is the story.. date and time N/A for yall. haha Scroll to bold for shortened question

I was driving 45mph down a 45 limited road. A women driving a red cavalier is sitting there and sits some more, as I am 50-100ft away she pulls out. I put my brake pedal as far as she can go(thank God for ABS), well i am like 20 ft behind her now. I will be going about 30mph and rear-end her or go to the right and avoid the crash. Well I go swerve to the right and end up in a ditch. And guess what..? She keeps driving!

A volunteer fireman turns on some lights, puts on a vest and places a cone in the road. I didn't know this but he calls Highway Patrol, I am waiting for a tow truck to pull me out(truck was on sharp angle, water was at top of stock 31" tire and passenger side and some water entering cab). I got quoted $85 for tow and a F150 driver(only the best) stops and pulls me out. Well the firefighter dude says we are good to go home.

The incident tears off body side molding on passenger side with paint, sort takes of lower valence(its half hanging on), does the same to passenger wheel well, and now my truck has a slight whistle going about 30mph. I'm thinking that was the bumper.

So what to do about insurance claim? The ca drove off and I got no plate number. I didn't file a report cause the fire dude told police we didn't need them(I didn't know this, I assumed he was doing it right). Called the cops and they said to print out my own report and show it tom my insurance company.

Shortened Question

What should I tell them? I'm 18 and did have a accident about 18 months ago and was my fault(T-boned by someone), but this wasn't really my fault. So tell them truth about car jumping in front of me and driving off or something like deer ran in road and I moved to right part of lane and the wet grass brought my truck into the ditch. Any other suggestions? I want to fix the valence, paint and whatever else but can't have rates go up cause I'm only 18. Any other good stores to tell them? What would you do?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont turn it into insurance. save up for new parts or go to a scrap yard and get used parts and get them painted or paint them yourself. by the time you buy new or used parts youre only a few hundred into it when its all said and done you'd end up paying more for your insurance premium over time than you would to fix your truck yourself.

the only time you really want to turn it into insurance is if you have extreme body damage or you hit someone
Old 05-31-2012, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump, Whats a good story to tell my insurance company?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:20 PM

No matter what you tell them you're probably screwed, it's like with a deer, if you don't hit it where they an find deer parts of hair in your grill, they will say you are at fault. A friend of mine actually got a reckless driving ticket when swerved to miss a deer and totaled there car. No deer for the cop to see . She is 60 years old and no priors on her license! But I'm in VA the cops are really bad around here
Old 05-31-2012, 04:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

don't report it, you will only hurt yourself if you do. there is nothing you can tell them because you did not file a police report. If an officer had taken a report you would be fine but according to what you said, he did not
Old 06-01-2012, 12:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the volunteer fireman see all this happen? If so, do you have any contact with him? File a report with his witness statement, then call your insurance company and tell them the truth. No matter what happens you will end up paying more, unfortunately they will probably fault you because of your age. The better option is just to fix it yourself you'll probably end up saving money.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Complete Asshat

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

Insurance is just a business that takes your money so you can drive on the road. Even if you manage to get them to pay for it, then they're going to get that money back in some way or another. And your rates will almost for sure go up. Businesses are there to make money, not give it out.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:21 AM

dont F-ing report it. for what reason would you report it? makes no sense to report it like i've already said.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM

Received 74 Likes on 50 Posts

Don't lie to the insurance company at all. That's insurance fraud , and if they found out you'd be in serious trouble over 500.00 worth of parts.

Save up the money and get aftermarket parts.

Good luck.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Didn't win lottery yet ..

Save up bud, and buy the parts yourself. I taped a truck in a parking lot once with my F150. My premiums are still high. The only damage on the truck I backed into was a scratch of paint. Go figure. Just save up man

Quick Reply: File Insurance Claim?