Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Exhaust pipe help

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 05:34 PM
http://www.f150*****.com/

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Exhaust pipe help

I got my exhaust welded on at a shop about 4 months ago, anyways about a month ago the metal hangars rusted out so I took it back and they rewelded it up with some stainless steel hangars free of charge. Here's the problem. When the welded it back together, it not sitting like it use to be. Now when I put it in reverse or in drive. the exhaust pipe comes in contact with one of the heat shield bolts causing horrible, metal on metal rattling that sounds horrible. What can I do to stop the contact from happening, the only way I can think of is cutting the welds adjust the pipe and reweld it. The problem is the shop is closed for a couple months for remodeling and our welder quit working, so any ideas what I can do?

Can't forget pics

The first couple shows the exhaust hanging before they fixed it, the next two show where the bolt and pipe come into contact.
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust pipe help-image-17-.jpg   Exhaust pipe help-image-18-.jpg   Exhaust pipe help-photo-26-.jpg   Exhaust pipe help-image-16-.jpg  
Old 08-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Title

Received 497 Likes on 414 Posts

Bang that shield with a hammer or take it off all together.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:44 PM
http://www.f150*****.com/

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tackle
Bang that shield with a hammer or take it off all together.
I forgot to mention this part, sorry about that. But the pipe is to close to bolt, I can get the bolt about halfway out but no further due to the exhaust pipe being in the way, and that is with me putting all my body weight on the exhaust pipe, all 150 pounds basically hanging down trying to get the most gap between it and the bolt.

Quick Reply: Exhaust pipe help