Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Electrical Issue PLZ HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Issue PLZ HELP!!!!

I own a 2002 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L today I was putting in the seats because he carpet got wet and had to be dried. I had my headphones in my ears but after screwing in the last bolt for the driver seat I heard a clicking noise took my headphones out and heard a clicking in the fuse box under the steering wheel along with the interior lights flickering on and off at a steady pace. I realized that one of the relays is making a clicking noise along with the lights going on and off when I put the key in the dash lights flicker and my radio doesn't seem to work this only started happening a few hours ago. If anyone has any ideas or have dealt with this before I could really use some help.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:09 PM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Electrical Issue PLZ HELP!!!!

I had a similar clicking noise/interior lights flickering once when I was installing audio wires under the carpet. I undid a factory ground under the passenger kick panel and that's what did it. Look around for loose/frayed/shorted wires. Might have hit something while working with the carpet.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScrewThat
I had a similar clicking noise/interior lights flickering once when I was installing audio wires under the carpet. I undid a factory ground under the passenger kick panel and that's what did it. Look around for loose/frayed/shorted wires. Might have hit something while working with the carpet.
Alright thanks for the help will look again tomorrow in the morning.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GageJohnS
Alright thanks for the help will look again tomorrow in the morning.
Yep. What he said. If your relays aren't blowing; then it's probably a minor short. Might be hard to track down; but make sure your connections are strong.

Quick Reply: Electrical Issue PLZ HELP!!!!