Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Which brand of fuel pump assembly

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 09:18 PM

Received 797 Likes on 577 Posts

Default Which brand of fuel pump assembly

Anybody have any thoughts, comments, or concerns for fuel pump assemblys? I've heard NAPA is just as good as OEM, but then I find BOSCH for a reasonable price on Amazon which is a reputable brand and then brands like Spectra and AirTEK which I haven't heard of before. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these brands or which I should go with. Needing to buy a new fuel pump assembly, not just the pump. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:01 PM

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts

I just changed mine a few days ago. I went with Airtek it works fine. However after install I had no electric current going to fuel pump. I switched relay and still no current. What I finally did was reset ECU by disconnecting battery terminals and turning on lights for 5 min. After that fuel pump got electric current and no problems started right up. Maybe you will not have that problem but just a heads up. The reason I went with Airtek I read a few articles that most pump/assembly are manufactured in the same place and packaged with different name brand. Good luck.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:08 PM

Received 797 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by 1968dave
I just changed mine a few days ago. I went with Airtek it works fine. However after install I had no electric current going to fuel pump. I switched relay and still no current. What I finally did was reset ECU by disconnecting battery terminals and turning on lights for 5 min. After that fuel pump got electric current and no problems started right up. Maybe you will not have that problem but just a heads up. The reason I went with Airtek I read a few articles that most pump/assembly are manufactured in the same place and packaged with different name brand. Good luck.
Yeah I read about the same piece just sent out with different labels. Do you know specifically which labels AirTEK shares with? I've changed my pump before so it's nothing new to do, but it was with an OEM pump so just curious as to other brands. Thanks!
Old 11-08-2015, 09:13 AM
Hooligan

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I bought the Autobest fuel pump early this spring, it hasn't given up yet. I'd go with OEM if you have the money though.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by fordguy2100
Yeah I read about the same piece just sent out with different labels. Do you know specifically which labels AirTEK shares with? I've changed my pump before so it's nothing new to do, but it was with an OEM pump so just curious as to other brands. Thanks!
I can't remember the few brands but I do think carquest and airtek are the same. I would have prefered actual Ford part but damm it is way too expensive. Plus I remember when I first bought my truck 1998 wife bought me seats covers for it and proudly told me she got it from the dealer and that they were genuinely from Ford lol. Well they were the wrong covers and when we took them back the Ford parts guy told me to drive down the street to where the get them from and exchange them. I drove there and the place was called Chicos Auto Covers lol. They actually sew seat covers there and sell to public for half what my wife paid at dealer. My point is not just fuel pump but a lot of stuff we buy is made at the same place with different packaging. So far my truck is running great. Good luck
Old 11-08-2015, 09:37 PM

Oh also believe Napa s fuel pump is same as Airtek.

Quick Reply: Which brand of fuel pump assembly