Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Blend door actuator

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Blend door actuator

Hey guys, just reading up on certain topics on this forum had helped me tremendously with my truck. I've seem to hit a road block in finding info for my current situation.

This summer my truck started a coolant leak from the cab. I put it off for a bit assuming it was from the heater core. Got worse and had fog blowing out of my vents in the morning. On the way home one afternoon (while using A.C.) all of a sudden the a.c. just stopped and it started blowing hot air. Got home and took a look. Had antifreeze on the passenger side floor. And a big puddle under the truck. To make it work i just severed then connected the heater core hoses and topped it off. Month later installed the heater core and new blend door. Got my heat back but still no A.C.

Looked at the blend door actuator motor and it doesn't turn when you use the temperature control dial.
Bought a new one. I didn't install it but just connected it and it didn't work either. Checked all my fuses and relays and they are all good.

I replaced the temperature control panel (the 3 dials) and still nothing.

I'm at a loss of what to do next.

On a side note my cruise control stopped working about the same time. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Probably have to change the sensor on the master cylinder yet.

Sorry for the long post. Hoping someone has an answer or possible solution?
Old 10-19-2017, 12:11 AM

Forgot to mention. It's a 2002 f150 extended cab. 4.3 v6 4x4
Old 10-20-2017, 09:03 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

You suspect blend door actuator is the culprit. But you didn't mention if AC clutch engages or if the low pressure line gets cool and high pressure line gets warm. Let's make sure AC is working in the engine compartment.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:47 AM

Received 6,481 Likes on 4,617 Posts

Have you pulled the motor to see if it is indeed turning? You may have a stuck blend door, or maybe even a broken door. Did you already have it all the way apart to the heater core? I keep a blend door on hand just in case I have to get into mine in a hurry.... because I am of the opinion that the door should get replaced/upgraded anytime you've got it that far apart. FWIW, the Dorman P/N 902207 is the upgrade with a metal nub, rather than the OEM plastic nubby.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....122477&jsn=480
Old 10-21-2017, 11:31 AM

I'll double check to see if the a.c. is running today.
And yes, when I replaced the heater core i did the blend door at the same time. The bottom key of the door is made of metal so it can't break.

I also picked up a new solenoid for the cruise control that plugs into the master cylinder. Hope that gets the cruise going.

I'll let you know what i find out.
Thanks
Old 10-21-2017, 12:59 PM

So I replaced the solenoid for the cruise control on the master cylinder. Cruise still doesn't work.

Turned the A.C. on. Checked under the hood and the clutch doesn't engage.

I don't know what to do next
Old 10-21-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 249 Likes on 217 Posts

For the pressure switch did you get the ford part that comes with a new pigtail?
AC could be a fuse a relay the clutch or low on refrigerant.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by kd4gij; 10-21-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 10-21-2017, 09:02 PM

The pressure switch just came as the pressure switch with a pigtail on it. I just took out the old on and replaced it with the new one and plugged it bag into the connection with the inline fuse. Fuse was good. So I'm not sure

I think I'm going to pick up some gauges tomorrow to check the refrigerant. Fuses are good.

Electrical is pretty frustrating
Old 10-22-2017, 03:16 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Lerrooy
............Electrical is pretty frustrating
That's why owner can do the best electrical problem diagnosis and repair. You are in the right track.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:38 PM

So I managed to check the refrigerant level in the truck. All checked out good for pressure.
Clutch still isn't engaging.

Double checked fuses again.
Is there a test to see if the clutch is screwed?