Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

back-up camera

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default back-up camera

I've got everything working. The camera comes on with back-up lights, but I hooked the monitor into the radio circuit and whenever the ignition is on the monitor is on, and signal or not, it just sits there heating up. is there a place under the dash to connect the monitor 12V+ to the back-up light wire? any help would be appreciated! Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-27-2013, 07:56 AM
"BIG RED"

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfish1688
I've got everything working. The camera comes on with back-up lights, but I hooked the monitor into the radio circuit and whenever the ignition is on the monitor is on, and signal or not, it just sits there heating up. is there a place under the dash to connect the monitor 12V+ to the back-up light wire? any help would be appreciated! Thanks and Merry Christmas!
There should be a "switch" wire on the monitor that needs to be connected to the reverse circuit in your fuse panel. That's how I connected mine about a year ago. Don't quote me on this because I do not have my wiring diagram in front of me, but I'm thinking fuse position #5 is the circuit you want. That should be the DRT (digital range transmission) sensor that tells reverse lights to come on when you shift in to reverse.

If you have a shop manual, study the wire diagrams and you'll get it. Also, what I referenced above was for my 1998 XLT, Xcab, 4wd.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks!

Quick Reply: back-up camera