Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Another Misfire Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 11:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another Misfire Question

Last summer my truck began to run rough. After checking the codes I was told that I had bad coils. So I changed plugs and changed the COP. All throughout the summer I kept having the same problem. I changed some of the COP several times. I also put on new alternator. I noticed last summer my truck would not misfire if outside temps were below 85. All winter long my tuck has ran great. Now today was driving and temps were at 85 degrees outside and it began to misfire again.

I was told by a friend that he had the same problem. That he had tried everything and that a couple friends of his that were Ford Technicians had put computer on it several times and couldn't figure out why. Finally they determined the Catalytic Converters were not working. When had replaced his Catalytic converters it fixed his misfireing.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem? And I believe some of my Cats may not be working because of bad odor coming from exhaust. I am wondering if this could be my problem? Can bad cats cause misfire on truck?

Last edited by cgouldy; 03-15-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Another Misfire Question