Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Acceleration/Braking shutter

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Acceleration/Braking shutter

I have a 2001 5.4 Screw. 177,000 miles. Have had it a year and bought it at a dealer so don't know anything about past maintenence.

I have a shudder in the brake pedel that also shakes the truck a little bit when I apply the brakes. Does it worse when almost at a complete stop. Changed front and rear rotor/pads but still does it. Also, on acceleration from a stop, the truck shakes a bit as well.

I read it may be that the drive shaft yolk needs greased or maybe new cop boots? Not sure if its a driveshaft issue or electrical.

Anyone have any ideas or similar issues in the past?

Thanks for your help, it's driving my nuts!

Last edited by powerslave; 04-10-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 PM

Mine does it to, I just had the rear end rebuilt trying to fix the problem (had a broken spring) and after i drove it a few days it done it again. I took it back and they told me its my driving style. So tomorrow im pulling the cover to see if they even fixed anything. if you find out anything let me know.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:44 PM

I'm going to take it to a mechanic this weekend to let them drive it and see what they think. I'm pretty sure it's in the drivetrain. Sounds like one of the yokes. I'll post back when they take a look at it.

Quick Reply: Acceleration/Braking shutter