Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

ABS and Engine correlation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 09:17 PM

Received 797 Likes on 577 Posts

Default ABS and Engine correlation?

So I had been having problems with a misfire on cylinder 4 code, replaced a lot was thinking I had a head gasket leak. Then started having troubles with a long start, and truck started shaking when starting up and driving until i got out of 1st (At this point, my ABS module had been not working since I bought the truck so while working on the other issues I decided it was time to take it out) so I sent it off to be fixed. Covered up the exposed parts and kept driving it (no added issues). Then most recently started to shake pretty bad at 70+mph. Well I finally got my ABS module back, when I put it on it worked correctly and now my truck doesnt shake or stutter when starting up, it doesnt shake at 70+mph but still has a long start. Can the shaking and misfire somehow be related to the ABS module? I know it sounds totally dumb and I don't really think they are related but it is just odd that this is the only thing I changed and now the misfire problem is gone! I am totally confused by this

Quick Reply: ABS and Engine correlation?