Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

97 F150 guage issue.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 F150 guage issue.

A newbie here to The Forum. I have a 97 F150 with the 4.6 L V8 truck has over 200k. Was used as my daily driver up to about a month-and-a-half ago. Everything works fine every once in awhile I get a little Flash from the dash but it will go away. The low fuel warning light would come on for about 2 seconds and then go away. The truck was sitting now for about 2 weeks without being started I want to start it in the battery was dead I put a jump box on it and it started right up with a slow crank. The battery charge right up. I noticed that after the truck ran for a few minutes and reach the operating temperature the oil pressure gauge, voltage gauge, and temperature gauge all started to react to strangely. The oil pressure gauge would drop to the minimum oil pressure and doesn't move from there, the voltage gauge and temperature gauge both pin, the fuel gauge seems to be working fine along with the tachometer and speedometer. If I shut the truck down and let it cool off everything seemed back to normal until it starts to approach operating temperature and the gauges just react.
I hooked up a scanner and could read the head temperatures and coolant temperature and voltage output as all being within normal range. Does anyone have any idea what may have caused this situation? Or any idea how to attack it? Thank you for your help in advance.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:59 PM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

I would replace the battery first.

Quick Reply: 97 F150 guage issue.