Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

2wd lift simple question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd lift simple question

I was just wondering that if I do 3in spindles and 2in lift coils what all else do I need? Someone told me extended upper control arms. Someone else said something about steering linkage and the camber being a problem. I have 4.11 and a locker so I do go off road every weekend. I don't want it to fail so I want to do it right the first time. Thank you for the help
Old 03-23-2017, 02:20 AM

Received 176 Likes on 139 Posts

Why that high?
You will need camber bolts
And possible custom control arm or spacer.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by the01kingranch
Why that high?
You will need camber bolts
And possible custom control arm or spacer.
Camber bolts? I found upper control arms that are extended. Will that work?
Why not that high? I do go offraod all the time and the 7700 is pretty strong.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would just stay with the spindle lift, I have lift springs and even with extended uppers I get contact between the coil and control arm..plus it's way to stiff to be any fun off roading lol.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by 98ruby
I would just stay with the spindle lift, I have lift springs and even with extended uppers I get contact between the coil and control arm..plus it's way to stiff to be any fun off roading lol.
it's already stiff so I really don't mind that lol. When do you get contact? Full flex or regular driving? Are your lift spring 2in or 2.5 inch? I see some UCA are for 2in lift while other are for 3 or 4 inch lift.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:53 PM

3.5 spindles, 3 inch coils, 16x10s and 35s.
Originally Posted by 2wd7700
it's already stiff so I really don't mind that lol. When do you get contact? Full flex or regular driving? Are your lift spring 2in or 2.5 inch? I see some UCA are for 2in lift while other are for 3 or 4 inch lift.
lol lift coils give stiff a whole new meaning, but to be fair I have 3 inch coils. I get contact during daily driving when making tight turns, I suspect the spring may be clocked in the bucket wrong though since only the driver side hits. Where did you find the control arms? The only places I found that have them are airbaggit and cannuckmotorsports, my coils and uppers are from the latter.

Last edited by 98ruby; 03-23-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by 98ruby

lol lift coils give stiff a whole new meaning, but to be fair I have 3 inch coils. I get contact during daily driving when making tight turns, I suspect the spring may be clocked in the bucket wrong though since only the driver side hits. Where did you find the control arms? The only places I found that have them are airbaggit and cannuckmotorsports, my coils and uppers are from the latter.
cannuckmotorsports was one of them. The other was something fab but very expensive. Since I'm only doing 2in coil should I still do extended? All my ball joints are getting replaced and I'm ordering new uppers anyways so i would rather just order them now then waste money. If I can do stock uppers on a 1.5 inch coil I'll do that instead.
and your truck is awesome. I can only hope mine will be as bad a**

Trending Topics

Old 03-23-2017, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by 2wd7700
cannuckmotorsports was one of them. The other was something fab but very expensive. Since I'm only doing 2in coil should I still do extended? All my ball joints are getting replaced and I'm ordering new uppers anyways so i would rather just order them now then waste money. If I can do stock uppers on a 1.5 inch coil I'll do that instead.
and your truck is awesome. I can only hope mine will be as bad a**
was it btf fab? Iv seen those as well and they do look very nice, uniballs get mad street credit to lol. Iv heard from most members that 2 inches is the max you want to go without getting extended arms, you would definitely want that camber kit at a minimum, 1.5 inches you would be fine with the stock arms. You could always get the uppers and run them with 1.5 or 2 inch coils for now and then you would have room to go higher in the future if you wanted to. And thanks for the compliment luckily these trucks are pretty easy and cheap to mod, and once you start it never ends!