Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

2000 4x4 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 03:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2000 4x4 build

Hey everyone, been a lurker here on the forum for a while, finally made an account and so here's my build thread.

A little background on the truck, It's a 2000 Scab XLT with the 5.4 and 4wd 175,000 miles. My dad bought it in 2003 I believe, and it's the truck my sister and I grew up in so it's more than just my first vehicle. It sat in front of the house as a third vehicle for a few years while my dad drove an '07 expedition and now has a 2014 Sierra. So when I got my license a year and a half ago, he gave the truck to me.

Here it is before I began modding it.

And a few more pics of the truck as a whole

Things I've done as of February 2016;

Paint the trim flat black, lower valence, plasit-dipped grille (yes, I know, Plasti-Dip... but it has held up well), rear window trim, bed rail caps.

Cleaned up the carpet with Tuff Stuff. It worked surprisingly well

Fixed the door lock actuators by wrapping the metal conductor in tin foil (there's a video on youtube). Worked pretty well but the Only problem is after I put the motor back together and epoxied the actuator shut, I realized I closed up the motor backwards so lock was unlock. Dealt with that for a while until i decided to fix it again.

Installed some new shocks. Nothing special because if I lift it I'd have to get new ones again

sanded down the stock headlights and polished them up. Looked nice but didn't last long, I've got some new Lightning ones coming in the mail.

Using it for work- crappy pic sorry
Old 02-05-2016, 03:01 PM

Bought a Boss headunit from a coworker, it's the one with the 7 inch screen that rolls out and up, It's got Bluetooth, SD, Aux, AM/FM. May add a backup camera if i can get the unit to fit a little more flush with the dash. I've got to trim part of the radio bezel some more so i can get the unit to sit further back in the dash but still allow the screen to roll up completely.

And here's how much it sticks out

New Toyo Open Country A/T. So far they're great.

Zip tie and Gott's mod with a baked bean can- much easier than trying to grind down pvc edge.

Interior LED's on the floorboards, white.
I had LED's in the cupholder and outlet port but the adhesive didn't last too long.

got rid of the running boards.

Dad got me a toolbox for christmas

And lastly a junkyard find, a bolt-on receiver hitch from a wrecked F250 Light Duty. Cleaned and painted and looks pretty new IMO. rated for 8000 pounds so more than I'll ever need.

So that's about all I've done, had front suspension replaced and new tires about 4k miles ago. Plans for the future include;

Torsion crank and either AAL or swap the current blocks for 3 1/2 or 4 inch ones. With this I'd probably go with 285 or 295's, not going for the huge tire look as I've only got the 3.55 and still want a fair amount of power.

Custom fab a way to mount off road lights without a bull bar or brush guard as I like having my tow hooks available.

Those are the main upgrades. I don't have the space, knowledge, or tools to do any major or intense mods at this point in my life but hopefully one day I can. And hopefully by me making this thread it will give me extra motivation to not be so stingy and spend a little money. Please feel free to leave any comments, suggestions, or critiques. And thanks everybody for all the help and info I've learned from this forum.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:05 PM

My bad guys, thought i was posting in the Members Builds forum, could a moderator move it there, thanks.

Quick Reply: 2000 4x4 build