Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Part Sales

Northeast: Icon UCA

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 08:13 AM

Received 477 Likes on 271 Posts

Default Icon UCA

I have a brand new set of Icon upper control arms for sale. I bought these BNIB from another member on here and had intended to install them with the rest of my Icon suspension. When it came to it there was a problem (I'll clarify later) and I skipped the install for now. The more I think about it though, I really don't need these because I don't really offroad and I don't want to deal with the maintenance and constant cleaning especially with the snow and weather here in the northeast. They just aren't needed for my daily and the money is better spent on other things.

The arms are mint and I already installed the bushings using Amsoil synthetic poly grease. They are beefy and come in the original box with the instructions and all the pieces and parts that came with them. Dust covers are also included for the arms.

Now, the problem. When I went to install the tapered pins in the arms, there was one top cap that would not press into the arm. Every other piece slid in nicely, but this one cap is just a smidge too big. I tried to grind it down and couldn't get it to work, so I punted on that part of the install and just did the coilovers. I have already reached out to Icon about purchasing another top cap to replace this one and get a complete working set.

I am asking $700 shipped and I am pretty firm on that price. It's what I paid and I'm not willing to take a huge loss. If they don't sell for that then I'll just keep them.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:55 PM

BUMP. Wanted to update that I spoke with Icon and there is a new upper bearing cap on its way to me now. This will be a complete mint set of control arms. Please PM me with any interest.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:51 PM
TTV6>V8

Received 280 Likes on 194 Posts

If the Canadian dollar wasn't so awful I'd be interested
Old 06-26-2017, 11:09 AM

Icon sent me a new upper bit. Picking it up from FedEx tonight. Bumping for interest. Send me some offers. I'd like to sell these and get them gone.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:16 PM

Bump. Everything is kosher. I have all the pieces. Test fit and everything is golden. Box is all repackaged with the original box and packaging. Taped up and ready to go. Nobody wants these?
Old 07-06-2017, 01:41 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I would probably just keep them. People are just going to buy them brand new for 50 bucks cheaper off stage3 so in the case that something may be wrong with them stage 3 will back them up and send them a new product. Unless you come down considerably on the price, the risks far outweigh the benefits. Sorry to be the d***head
Old 07-06-2017, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by eddlestone213
I would probably just keep them. People are just going to buy them brand new for 50 bucks cheaper off stage3 so in the case that something may be wrong with them stage 3 will back them up and send them a new product. Unless you come down considerably on the price, the risks far outweigh the benefits. Sorry to be the d***head
Appreciate the input, but I don't know how they will get them $50 cheaper off stage3. The same control arms are listed for $750 and the dust covers are another $40. So this is almost a $100 savings plus it includes a full tube of quality amsoil grease. I'm not trying to gouge anyone. I bought these same exact control arms off another member on this forum for the same fair price. I will also say that Icon is super easy to deal with. When I contacted them about the upper piece of the uniball, they FedExed me a new one for no charge and no questions asked.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or clutter up the thread and I am willing to negotiate for a couple more bucks off, but I truly think this is a fair deal. Again, I appreciate your input and may have to consider keeping them. If I do though, I will probably spring for the new Delta joints.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:39 AM

Sold and shipping today. Please close thread.