Topic Sponsor
Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA

New Old Guy

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2022, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Old Guy

Hello everyone. I'm an old guy that is new to this forum. I have a 2006 Ford F-150 Lariat extended cab 2wd. Like I said I'm an old guy and not in the best of health. Even though my truck is stock suspension. I am having extrreme difficulty getting my legs up high enough to get in . It has the factory boards on it but they are just in my way. If it weren't for my wife needing them to get in I would remove them. I'm looking for some used drop spindles or a complete drop kit for my truck. From what I have been reading there is a 2 or 3 inch front drop and a 4 or 5 inch rear drop option. I also read where you have to run 20 inch wheels to use this drop. I have the factory 18 inch wheels and son't understand why you need to use 20 inch wheels. I have been looking but to no avail yet.if anyone reading this and has first hand knowledge about doing this i would appreciate any and all knowledge. Biggest question that I have at this time is that the suspention company says I have to run 20 inch wheels and I only have the factory 18's. I'm confused as to the reason for this requirement. Like I said any and all help in figuring out a way of lowering the truck to make it easier to get in and out of will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to decrease carrying capacity or towing ability if at all possible.

Quick Reply: New Old Guy