Topic Sponsor
Northeast CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, WV

Question for NJ truck owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 05:03 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Question for NJ truck owners

So, i have a front plate on my truck thats centered between the two front bumper pads. To say the least, i hate it. I have a Chevy SSR in Redline Red that only has a rear bumper and had no problems with them bothering me about it for a couple of months, even when i got pulled over for doing 69 in a 50 (All i got was 2 points and an 80 dollar ticket for no turn signal which was BS but he was apparently trying to be nice). Keep in mind i'm 19 years old.. But i dont think they'd bother me?? Have you guys had problems? Or should i suck it up and keep the plate there. i was going to get rid of it and put a nice black billet grill there..
Let me know what you guys think!
If anyone is curious, im from East Brunswick, NJ.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:12 PM

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I've never personally had a problem because I've always had mine on, even when I broke the mount off roading I just zip tied to my brush guard. But I had a friend who took off his front bumper on a 91 explorer and therefore he didnt have it, sometimes he on it on the dash and we got pulled over and the cop wrote him a ticket for it, along with like 5 or 6 other things. I think you'll be ok as long as you're not doing anything to get pulled over, probably just use it as something to add on if they are writing tickets or you **** off the cop. I guess what I'm trying to say is it wont be the main reason they pull you over usually.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 AM

Think i may just get an EB Mount, unless i get a brush guard. If i get a brush guard it'll stay where it is.
(EB as in ecoboost. The bumper pad mount)
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I grew up in NJ and had mixed success without the front plate... it really all depends on the LEO that pulls you over... I tended to find staties were more forgiving and locals like to nit pick.. being in EB I'd be a little more cautious. Some of the worst tickets I had in NJ came from EB on rt 18.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:21 PM

Yeah 18 is terrible. Speed limits 45 there now, but who the hell does 45 on a freakin' highway?! lol
Milltown is even worse; thats where i got pulled over (on Ryders lane) With my SSR. The guy let me off easy, for sure. Had a windshield banner, no front plate, and was doing 69 in a 50. Only got 2 points & 80$ Fine (Gave me a no turn signal ticket instead of speeding).
Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lambo2936
Yeah 18 is terrible. Speed limits 45 there now, but who the hell does 45 on a freakin' highway?! lol
Milltown is even worse; thats where i got pulled over (on Ryders lane) With my SSR. The guy let me off easy, for sure. Had a windshield banner, no front plate, and was doing 69 in a 50. Only got 2 points & 80$ Fine (Gave me a no turn signal ticket instead of speeding).

I remember like 10 years years ago on rt 18 I got tagged at 2am with speeding, wreckless driving, failure to wear seatbelt (I actually was wearing it), failure to use a turn signal... granted I was driving rather spirited but he was really trying to make a point... it worked... I granny it through EB now.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:52 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Eb has some of the worst cops out there, I've gotten tickets all through out that town a few years ago.

Quick Reply: Question for NJ truck owners