Texas Don't mess with us!

Trouble finding a dealer to do ESP inspection??? Houston

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 02:12 PM
It wasn't me

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Trouble finding a dealer to do ESP inspection??? Houston

Hey all,

I recently bought a used 2015 F-150 Platinum. I bought the extended/ESP plan online and I’m trying to get a Ford dealer to inspect it. I’ve already had it inspected TWICE!!!

First time, the pre-purchased inspection before I bought it(in the city I bought it). Second, I took to a local dealer Sterling McCall Ford, they conducted a 172- point inspection, which it passed. This was scheduled over the phone, told them this is for ESP. Again, I arrive, told them this is for the ESP as required by Ford. They complete service, handed me the paperwork, but no ESP checklist, which is what I needed. For anyone that hasn't seen the checklist, it's fairly simple and straight forward. No overly intrusive requirements...

Somehow the manager got wind of it and said no, we need to do a more thorough inspection thru preowned. I asked what more is needed to be inspected that wasn’t covered in the “172 point inspection” and they said compression test, etc. etc. etc. to the tune of $349.00 fee.

Decided to call AutoNation Katy, and I can’t get anyone on the phone, after holding for 20 minutes, twice.

Then called Mac Haik Ford, spoke to someone, who was supposed to get back to me. No reply, won’t answer my messages or call me.

I have not been pushy or rude in anyway…so not sure what to think. So, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Old 08-06-2018, 12:29 PM
It wasn't me

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to follow up, got the truck inspected for ESP plan at AutoNation Ford/Katy. They took forever to do it, but it's done Cost was $179.....way too high IMHO, but WAYYY better experience than I had at Sterling McCall.

Quick Reply: Trouble finding a dealer to do ESP inspection??? Houston