Topic Sponsor
Texas Don't mess with us!

Lift install Dfw

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lift install Dfw

I was asking around on how much the install for a lift kit was and was shocked mikes off road in fort worth (horrible customer service over the phone, the sales person was condescending and acted like a *****, this is my first truck so still learning a lot) wanted 450 and would only install their lift brand, i mean the job doesn't look that hard I just work 60-70 hours a week and my free time goes to the wife and kiddos, but anyone know of a shop in the Dfw area that wont pull your pants down on the price and labor of a lift kit, hell I asked mikes and a couple of other shops about installing the front billstiens and they said 600, the parts are 180 and even ford only charges 143 to install, so how are these shops charging more than a dealership?????sorry for the rant just looking for a good shop

Last edited by bigfx; 07-19-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfx
I was asking around on how much the install for a lift kit was and was shocked mikes off road in fort worth (horrible customer service over the phone, the sales person was condescending and acted like a *****, this is my first truck so still learning a lot) wanted 450 and would only install their lift brand, i mean the job doesn't look that hard I just work 60-70 hours a week and my free time goes to the wife and kiddos, but anyone know of a shop in the Dfw area that wont pull your pants down on the price and labor of a lift kit, hell I asked mikes and a couple of other shops about installing the front billstiens and they said 600, the parts are 180 and even ford only charges 143 to install, so how are these shops charging more than a dealership?????sorry for the rant just looking for a good shop
$450? Sounds like a steal to me. Here in Southern Cali, shops charge about $90/hr. So $450 would only covers 5 hours worth of work. It all depends on the lift. Which lift are you going with?
Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 PM

What????? Really??!!! I have swapped down pipes on a 335 on ramps with hand tools and 6-7 inches of clearance in two hours, this job looks half as hard as that and 90$$$ per hour labor that's more than Porsche charges in hourly rates that just plain stupid, but most lifts are about 100$ so an alignment is 59 dollars so 300$ or 3.5 hours in labor which seems a lot of time for this type of job for an experienced technician, just seems like a rip off, IMHO
The following users liked this post:
Burleson86 (07-27-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 05:20 PM

Bump
Old 07-20-2012, 06:08 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

RIV thought your were talking about a full suspension lift.

A leveling kit like you are talking about shouldn't take a shop more than an hour or so. There is less work than swapping out the shocks with the Bilstiens. Keep calling around.

IIRC, Ford dealer labor up here in Chicago is $115/hr, it'd be nice to be back down under $90.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:46 PM
DeerePro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Www.rockandrolloffroad.com
Old 07-21-2012, 12:23 AM

Those guys were much more respectful than mikes but they wanted 250 in labor only plus parts which is about the same as mikes , I mean at least the salesman at rock and roll was nice and not a total tool like the mikes offroad guys was which I hope realizes that their staff has not only lost them a customer but should really evaluate how they treat people especially ones trying to support a local business, I hope everyone takes this as a warning these guys are ******, but please any more shops or hell any ford techs looking to make some extra money by not bending People over and ripping them off please let us know because apparently the shops in Dfw like to charge more than porsche dealerships do in labor

Last edited by bigfx; 07-21-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by GATORB8

A leveling kit like you are talking about shouldn't take a shop more than an hour or so. There is less work than swapping out the shocks with the Bilstiens. Keep calling around.

IIRC, Ford dealer labor up here in Chicago is $115/hr, it'd be nice to be back down under $90.
That makes sense and dam!!! 110 and hr my BMW dealership charged 80 and hour when I was quoted for a repair once man I'm in the wrong business
Old 07-21-2012, 01:44 PM

Bump
Old 07-21-2012, 01:56 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORB8

My bad. Leveling is different. Took my brother and I a little less than an hour per side to do his f150.

Quick Reply: Lift install Dfw