Topic Sponsor
Texas Don't mess with us!

Keyless Entry. Factory Code Location

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 03:59 AM
Shanni331

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Keyless Entry. Factory Code Location

Can I do this myself or do I have to take my truck to a dealer? I also would like some suggestions on remote controls I was given a couple when I purchased my truck Used, but they only worked like 1 month, I never received the factory code to use the keyless entry. I have locked myself out of my truck twice and had to call the Fired Department. I was so embarrassed. So if anyone can help me I would be Much Obliged! Thank you, Shanni331
Old 09-27-2016, 08:15 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You don't specify the year truck you have, so I'll refer you to your manual - which is online on the Ford site, and can be downloaded to all of your electronic devices.

Depending on the model year, it can be as easy as a key turning combination. Older models have it printed behind the back seat or the passenger kickplate. Depends on the year you have - go to the manual and search for the words "Displaying the Factory Set Code".

For new models you insert the key and turn the ignition on for a few seconds, then turn it off and remove the key. Then, insert the other key and turn it on. The code will display for a few seconds.

If you only have 1 key, that this method will not work.

Change the batteries on your remotes...
Old 11-13-2016, 10:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Open up the fuse panel behind the passenger kick panel. There should be a 5 digit code printed on a white label. That's the way it was on my 2013.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:46 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I took mine to the dealer. They got it quickly with no charge. It's there job....just stop in, they'll hook you up.

Originally Posted by Shanni331
Can I do this myself or do I have to take my truck to a dealer? I also would like some suggestions on remote controls I was given a couple when I purchased my truck Used, but they only worked like 1 month, I never received the factory code to use the keyless entry. I have locked myself out of my truck twice and had to call the Fired Department. I was so embarrassed. So if anyone can help me I would be Much Obliged! Thank you, Shanni331

Quick Reply: Keyless Entry. Factory Code Location