Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Yes.....another TPMS question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes.....another TPMS question?

So I have been looking around all night for an answer to my question and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I know what TPMS is but after I had my new wheels and tires put on yesterday the guy at Les Schwab was suppose to have relearned the new sensors. When I got on the freeway last night the dash light went off and in the message display it said, "Tire Pressure Monitor Fault."

I am taking it back this morning but I am hoping this does not mean one of the sensors broke. The tires came mounted and balanced when I ordered them so I am not sure what is going on. Could it be one of the sensors went out of whack or could it mean the relearn was not successfull? Will they be able to determine what the problem is with the TPMS reset tool or will they have to break down each tire? I would like to know what I might be possibly dealing with before I get there.

thanks for any help!!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Mark

Received 2,421 Likes on 2,120 Posts

So your saying that you bought new wheels and tires already mounted with a new set of bands and sensors installed on them ??...if so you A. have a damaged sensor...this may have been done at mounting or B. the system don't reconize the new sensors in which case they need to re-learn the system...C. check the tire pressure to ensure all are properly inflated. Were these sensors off your old wheels or brand new ones ?? maybe installed the wrong type sensors...

Quick Reply: Yes.....another TPMS question?