Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Windows and Radio Dead

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows and Radio Dead

So my windows and radio stopped working all together. Everything else in the truck works fine. I've been troubleshooting this for a month now with no luck. I've checked fuses and relays and all of them are good. I thought maybe instrument cluster but have no way to test that. Well last week I got into a accident and destroyed a Camaro. Ford Won! So Progressive brought my truck to the ford dealership to get repaired. Well they did diagnostics and told Progressive that the Junction box under the passenger seat was bad and that's why windows and radio don't work and they want $800 bucks to replace. I haven't gotten the truck back yet and I cant find any information on a junction box under the passenger seat. Do you think they mean the actual fuse panel? They were able to bypass and get my windows rolled up.

2004 F150 Lariat
5.4l New body style.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:43 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

The fuse panel is in the passenger side kick panel as you would know if you checked all the fuses and relays.. not under the seat.. maybe they are talking about a body control module.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by techrep
The fuse panel is in the passenger side kick panel as you would know if you checked all the fuses and relays.. not under the seat.. maybe they are talking about a body control module.
My truck does not have a bcm. I have the body security module but looking at the wiring diagram it does not control the windows or radio. That is located behind the drivers side rear seat.