Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Weirdeest Thing For The First Time In 88K Miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weirdeest Thing For The First Time In 88K Miles

Just driving along and pulling into a driveway, everything shuts down, ignition stays on, instrument cluster says "CHECK GAGES" Nothing wrong with gages just by looking at them, turn key off and restart engine. Everything has been OK since, just wondering what, when and where this heads to next
Any ideas what this may have been caused from?
Old 09-10-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like a general engine stall, Had you put the truck in park yet? once you restarted was there any noise, maybe a rattle or grinding? Was your AC on and you were turning the wheels at the same time or came into the driveway hot and stopped suddenly?

Personally on my current F150 I have not had a stall like yours but I have in the past and the cause was a combination of factors. I was turning, hitting the brakes and had the AC on. This caused a heavier load on the engine then it could handle and it stalled the motor (turned out to be a bad IAC valve) Same post stall symptoms though All gauges were working and had check engine light.
The following users liked this post:
45auto (09-10-2015)
Old 09-10-2015, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by izzysplace
Sounds like a general engine stall, Had you put the truck in park yet? once you restarted was there any noise, maybe a rattle or grinding? Was your AC on and you were turning the wheels at the same time or came into the driveway hot and stopped suddenly?

Personally on my current F150 I have not had a stall like yours but I have in the past and the cause was a combination of factors. I was turning, hitting the brakes and had the AC on. This caused a heavier load on the engine then it could handle and it stalled the motor (turned out to be a bad IAC valve) Same post stall symptoms though All gauges were working and had check engine light.

Yup, as you describe in the first paragraph, but I have done that a Bazillion times in the past with no issues. I put it in park and started the engine and all has been GTG since.. Go figure

IAC valve??

Quick Reply: Weirdeest Thing For The First Time In 88K Miles